Cadets 2017

6 minutes ago, E3D said:

Seems to me there is a lack of respect for the Alumni opinion with respect to the Cadets, as in your reply post to 87cadet. Obviously they are more than a fan and have an opinion which you told him to find some other corps to "root" for. That is a sad reply. Then you follow it up with pointing it out that it is not about the person who posted their opinion. I would argue it is in many ways and the more they (alumni) get reply's like this from people who I have no clue if the marched or not is a bit depressing. 

The Alumni has a responsibility to stand up and support the corps along with that they have a voice in the direction. 

I totally disagree with your reproach and replay to someone who does not like the current design or season of the cadets. The members deserve a better fan. 

Go to a rehearsal, members are having a blast and enjoying the season, well treated and well cared for. Not everything in life can be measured in wins and losses 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 4

Just now, George Dixon said:

Go to a rehearsal, members are having a blast and enjoying there season, well treated and well cared for. 

87cadet and my post has nothing to do with the members who btw are all outstanding. 

Obvious it is a waste of time to point out to you where this "director" has gone off the rails. 

That is not on the MM. 

But you will cry about it and make it about some poor Alumni who dared to have an opinion that other DO share. 

Good night and keep up the great work supporting someone such as that. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, E3D said:

87cadet and my post has nothing to do with the members who btw are all outstanding. 

Obvious it is a waste of time to point out to you where this "director" has gone off the rails. 

That is not on the MM. 

But you will cry about it and make it about some poor Alumni who dared to have an opinion that other DO share. 

Good night and keep up the great work supporting someone such as that. 

It's a youth activity, it is ALWAYS about member experience

I'm not supporting someone. Call the board of directors if you have an issue. Whining on a public forum a week before finals in a forum that members read constantly is hardly constructive or supportive 

Edited by George Dixon
  • Like 2

I'm not supporting someone. Call the board of directors if you have an issue. Whining on a public forum a week before finals in a forum that members read constantly is hardly constructive or supportive 

Spare me. 

If they are hurt by what I have posted then they need to harden up! It is a competition that is which I will give you...."judged" but it is a competition. Get up harden up and perform. 

That still does not change the "directors actions and words" and the design. YMMV. 

2 minutes ago, E3D said:

Spare me. 

If they are hurt by what I have posted then they need to harden up! It is a competition that is which I will give you...."judged" but it is a competition. Get up harden up and perform. 

That still does not change the "directors actions and words" and the design. YMMV. 

Go complain to the board. Posting here is useless whining 

• Like 2

Go complain to the board. Posting here is useless whining 

Are you the person who is the keeper of the thread? I can post what I want within the rules correct?

You come off as the local community patrol or something. Cry more or harden up. Your choice. What type of person goes through life without hearing an alternate negative or in some cases hurtful critique? Sad for you. 

• Like 2

Just now, E3D said:

Are you the person who is the keeper of the thread? I can post what I want within the rules correct?

You come off as the local community patrol or something. Cry more or harden up. Your choice. What type of person goes through life without hearing an alternate negative or in some cases hurtful critique? Sad for you. 

Boy you told me! Lol 

George Dixon, Your response to the post written by an '87 Cadet Alumnus was too condescending to allow it to pass unchallenged.

You made yourself a self-appointed critic of the concerns of this Cadet Alumnus who raised issues about the future of our corps...OUR corps, not YOUR corps. 

I don't know how you view your relationship to The Cadets. I know that you have been a very outspoken supporter of The Cadets, and you have our collective thanks for that support. Being an alumnus of The Cadets, with an assumed love for our corps that most people who have never marched Cadets do not understand, trumps fan status however. Even that of a fan who it appears has developed a close relationship with the current leadership of The Cadets.

I doubt that you will agree with me, though I hope that at very least you will think twice about what you said and how you said it. I think you owe this concerned Cadet Alumnus an apology, as much for your tone as for the slanted content of your rebuttal of what he had to say, and his reason for saying it. You don't need to agree with him, but you don't have the right to insult him regardless of your personal viewpoint.

• Like 4

Wow, not that I am always a ray of sunshine in this thread, but jeez people lighten up a bit.  I am not going to temper my comments bc members read this forum, but some of this seems like drunken ranting.

One of GHs main "lessons" is that no matter what others say you get up and go to work.  So the members should be well equipped to handle things said on here.

Edited by cadet93
  • Like 4

Who is drunk? or whom? 

Edited by E3D