Cadets 2017

53 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

I'm not gonna blame Tom. The battery is smoking hot. And he can only write to work with what the brass gives him. and 7th in percussion is still ###### impressive because the quality in DCi this year surpasses any other year ever top to bottom

7th in percussion or 8th in horns will not get you close to any podium.  The little men in green just did not like what our Cadets put on the field this summer.

Fan of the Arts

16 hours ago, ThePlanets said:

The Cavaliers fell quite dramitically in 2012, had a few down years, and have made themselves competitive again.

Yes, but the Cavs had to reinvent a lot of who they are and how they do it.  Based on the discussions about the uniforms, the singers, the director, the board, the designers, the amplification (am I missing anything?), I'm not sure the Cadets family is ready to bite the bullet and do that yet.  :41_pensive:

Mike

• Like 4

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

As in "she turned me into a newt."?

Mike

or she was from Gahfield

1 hour ago, Fan of the Arts said:

7th in percussion or 8th in horns will not get you close to any podium.  The little men in green just did not like what our Cadets put on the field this summer.

Fan of the Arts

it's not a matter of "like". it's a matter of what it does on the sheets. IMO those robes have to be killing the pits ability to play

1 hour ago, Fan of the Arts said:

The little men in green just did not like what our Cadets put on the field this summer.

I don't know about that. I don't think it has anything to do with liking what's on the field. It's a 7th place design (maybe even an 8th place design) being performed at a 7th place level. Next year - new, new, new.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MikeN said:

Yes, but the Cavs had to reinvent a lot of who they are and how they do it.  Based on the discussions about the uniforms, the singers, the director, the board, the designers, the amplification (am I missing anything?), I'm not sure the Cadets family is ready to bite the bullet and do that yet.  :41_pensive:

Mike

in a way I feel for HOP...he's trying. But the alumni get so freaked about any change to the alumni, it does handcuff him.

29 minutes ago, Jeff Ream said:

in a way I feel for HOP...he's trying. But the alumni get so freaked about any change to the alumni, it does handcuff him.

Well, look at what "change" has gotten so far. Sub-par design with a 7th place corps. 

1 minute ago, 2000Cadet said:

Well, look at what "change" has gotten so far. Sub-par design with a 7th place corps. 

it's a catch 22. the black was definitely a loser

6 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Too bad they didn't dress the pit as monks and nuns and have them wear rope belts.

There's STILL time!

By the way, I enjoy the Cadets this year, even more than I enjoy Boston.

• Like 1