Cadets 2017

The Cadets had a very clean performance tonight. Sounded and looked good.  Probably the best Marchers on the field.

Seeing it live gave me perspective. I have the utmost respect for the Cadets and the MMs are going to perform the heck out of whatever cards they are dealt.

• Like 3

For those who think slotting is happening, imagine what would happen if the finishing order as of tonight held steady through 3 days. How many people will pay $50-150 per ticket or $50 for the webcast if they know that the outcome is already fixed. If I am the head of DCI, I'm telling the judges to take a fresh look at these corps, because there is serious money on the line. When BD beat Crown on the last day in 2015 was disappointing to those who were rooting for Crown that year, but it was the right call on the merits.

SCV/Crown, Bloo/Cav, BAC/Cadets/BK/Phantom - I think you will see at least 2, maybe 3 changes of placement in Indy.  I guess we'll just have to see who makes the best use of these two days. 

3 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Don't know if the BD has a WGI group, but if not, they are probably still the gold standard of DCI guards.

They don't anymore, but Scott Chandler, the God of everything visual in the pagentry world if full time for them, so they need not worry LOL.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, HockeyDad said:

Isn't it amazing how if your percussion is in 7th, your brass is 7th (or very close) and your color guard is also 7th (or very close). Uncanny!  Yes this scoring system is totally objective!  You could replace 7th with 3rd or 11th. Remarkable how consistently all categories line up across the board. A cynic could almost claim the judges slot them that way. You couldn't possibly have a first place percussion and a 6th place guard. 

yet they placed higher in GE. Amazing how you like to think things are rigged

• Like 1

4 hours ago, xandandl said:

My question still remains: why are the percussion achievement scores not higher?  It's not the visual; their drill is far less taxing than most Cadets previous seasons whether Zingali, Sylvester, or Sacktig were writing. 

That isn't just Tom I realize. His responsibility is more the content score with the adviso you cite of what he has been given.

two things:

the FE is inconsistent. The percussion score is based on all elements, and when you add in the second judge, there has to be clarity issues given the staging and the electronics balance issues they seem to suffer from. 

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

tonight seemed better

i thought they took it up two notches from Saturday

• Like 3

6 hours ago, henry7184 said:

I don't know about that. I don't think it has anything to do with liking what's on the field. It's a 7th place design (maybe even an 8th place design) being performed at a 7th place level. Next year - new, new, new.

It's a 7th place - or lower - exec with whom it is so difficult to work that this formerly august organization cannot attract the talented staff necessary to attract the most talented MMs. 

Cadets will never contend again until Hop retires.  Period. 

BAC has passed us in terms of staff and talent on the field.  That should be the last straw for any Board worth its title and mandate to demand change. 

Current management and model is broken beyond repair.  

Once a change is made, alumni and friends by the thousands will come home to support a rebirth of commitment to education and mentorship and creativity and achievement at the highest levels, one befitting the winningest and most innovative corps in history.

The emperor has no robes.  

Time to go. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, candymancan said:

Right and when that happened everyone went crazy saying how wrong Lentz was blah blah. There is slotting without a doubt. It happens in every aspect of the marching arts. You can say it doesn't but it does. 

right they were 4th in guard tonight. horrible conspiracy. 5th in some subs and one of the Ge's too. shocking

So... about the Cadets winning at least one show since 1979.  The Blue Knights won the Erie show tonight...they were a point or so under the Cadets who placed 6th in Massillon... maybe the whole TOC tour is why the Cadets didn't win a show this year?

• Like 2