Cadets drop 5 tenths.

BK up 8 tenths.

6 tenths from 8th place.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, chaddyt said:

Cadets drop 5 tenths.

BK up 8 tenths.

6 tenths from 8th place.

I sure hope this show doesn't end up in 8th place.  I do like many aspects of this show.  Hopefully since this is a young corps, it will be much stronger next year.  

12 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

I would kill for some music in motion right now. I'm kinda tired of the whole form-scatter-form-scatter stuff. This is the first year that I have not been excited to see the Finals competition. I haven't even watched it. I'm not really drawn to it anymore. 

You know, we can sit here and complain and call for GH's resignation all we want, but the truth is, if they come out smoking next year (which is highly unlikely in my opinion), all those calls will dissipate. I'm not sure with whom he'd be replaced with, other than Tom Aungst, which is what someone else on here suggested, but I don't really see that happening anytime soon. I really think Cadets need to let the music be the foundation and leave the gimmicks alone for awhile. No more singers, tarps, stones, naked Jesus figures, Americana, stages, etc. Hell, do a show based on the French revolutionary war or something powerful, and not pandering. Honestly, I see my fandom for Cadets falling off within the next few years, and that's really sad for me because I've always worshipped Cadets. Time will tell. 

Apathy and frustration do battle in my Cadets heart. 

Spot on for your list of pandering. SO many missed opportunities over the last 15 years to have achieved greatness, were it not for chronic tastelessness and megalomania at the top of this organization.  

Many of the embarrassments make me want to rename the exec Corky St. Clair.

Edited by 87cadet
  • Like 4

I have to say, I've seen a Cadets corps that felt like they were playing out the string. My one live Finals, it was pretty clear they just wanted it to be over.

This corps doesn't have that feel at all. They are still selling the heck out of a very non-traditional design, even if they're not getting the points the corps is used to.  That's encouraging for both tomorrow and for the future.

Mike

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, MikeN said:

I have to say, I've seen a Cadets corps that felt like they were playing out the string. My one live Finals, it was pretty clear they just wanted it to be over.

This corps doesn't have that feel at all. They are still selling the heck out of a very non-traditional design, even if they're not getting the points the corps is used to.  That's encouraging for both tomorrow and for the future.

Mike

I'm always on the side of the MMs. 

To me, they epitomize the Cadets. So proud. So wanted and want every group of MMs - whether young (this year, 1989, etc) or chock full of vets - to have the absolute best staff and design in DCI. 

Whether or not they do is the full responsibility of the CEO.  

FHNSAB

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MikeN said:

Mike

I can tell you the MM's are totally into it. They have a great attitude about what they can control and what they can't. They know they are young,, and they know their show is hard to score.  So they are not playing out the string, but they are certainly paying for themselves and the crowd rather than the judges at this point. 

I have to agree with the comments about these performers really selling a VERY different show.  And that should be lauded.  And in my opinion, that commitment to this type of program by the performers will yield results.   I really do liken this show to 1991.  A bit of an odd ball show, but one that showed a spark of something new and different.  I think it will grow next year when they do something like On the Waterfront and will ultimately pay dived ends with The Age of Anxiety and Jeremiah Symphony.  They will be fine.  But the creators need to be able to create.  We shall see!

• Like 1

Oh, one final comment about the show.  I feel they would pick up about .5 by simply cutting that insipid "Can I get an Amen!" line.  At that point the sinning has insued, so a token throw away line that is somehow supposed to invoke a Southern African American church element really just does not work on soooooo many levels.  Worst element of the show in my opinion.

• Like 1