Cadets 2017

3 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Holy cow, George!  You went there!  :laughing::spitting:

GHspongebob shoes should be gold.

What did they do with 150 pairs of gold shoes at season's end?  Boil them to siphon off the little bit of AU within????

Edited by xandandl
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, George Dixon said:

borrowing this from reddit - funny stuff

https://vid.me/zzIkp

Wow!  So true!  

2 hours ago, xandandl said:

GHspongebob shoes should be gold.

What did they do with 150 pairs of gold shoes at season's end?  Boil them to siphon off the little bit of AU within????

From what I've seen a mm say on Reddit, they got rid of the shoes as fast as they could because they hated them so much. Mentioned something about having to spray paint them gold everyday. 

Maybe Eleran, Zackdrumcorps, Noahsig, or someone who really knows the answer could respond to this.

In this photo from the age-out ceremony the two (seated for their interview) Cadets have the traditional stripes on their pants. I know that the choir wore the traditional striped pants for the National Anthem and perhaps under their choir robes; yes they wore pants under the choir robes. Did the brass line, battery, and front ensemble wear striped pants with the second costume?  I don't remember seeing those but like the tip of the shako to the traditional look.

Image may contain: 2 people, people smiling, people sitting

Edited by xandandl

Don't recognize the one on the left, but the one on the right I believe was Front Ensemble, and I believe they all wore the older (vintage) white bibs under their robes, just as the choir did.   I guess Cadets lent them tops for the ceremony.

4 hours ago, Eleran said:

Don't recognize the one on the left, but the one on the right I believe was Front Ensemble, and I believe they all wore the older (vintage) white bibs under their robes, just as the choir did.   I guess Cadets lent them tops for the ceremony.

Thanks. Regards to the O.

Seems like GH, the corps, the front ensemble especially, and all Cadets' nation owes Master Peter Bates, (horn sgt.. and soloist for Phantom Regiment 2017) a bit of a BIG thank you.

A tip of the shako to you, sir. Enjoy  your retirement, I mean age-out.

https://twitter.com/how_do_i_music/status/894350376228540420

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, xandandl said:

Seems like GH, the corps, the front ensemble especially, and all Cadets' nation owes Master Peter Bates, (horn sgt.. and soloist for Phantom Regiment 2017) a bit of a BIG thank you.

A tip of the shako to you, sir. Enjoy  your retirement, I mean age-out.

https://twitter.com/how_do_i_music/status/894350376228540420

I can definitely see how a flag, rifle or small prop could get left on the field...

But how in the heck do you forget something that big!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :4_joy: