"Wondrous Light"

Frenergy - John Estacio

Gazebo Dances, Waltz - John Corigliano

Such Sweet Sorrow - John Estacio

Wondrous Light - John Estacio

Gazebo Dances, Tarantella - John Corigliano

Show should be titled "John" lol

• Like 5

Cadets or Crown + Maslanka = instant hit.

I know of a high school using one of his works this and I confirmed through a message that they went through the proper channels and were able to get the necessary rights to use it. There is a channel there and I could see Cadets using his music as well as Crown.

In particular his work Traveler would be something I would die to see on the field for thematic and musical purposes. Would be pretty stunning.

Really? He's got a lot of great charts that would work but I didn't know someone had managed to get permission to put one on the field!

Really? He's got a lot of great charts that would work but I didn't know someone had managed to get permission to put one on the field!

I was very surprised to see a video announcement with one of his selections, hence why I messaged them out of curiosity and they said they got rights. I want his music in drum corps so badly. The way he writes some of his brass stuff SCREAMS drum corps. And Cadets and Crown definitely come to mind as I've probably said a million times on here. Lol.

• Like 1

I'd considered "Dear John" or "#john"

You should have also considered "Do You Love Me John?"

(Wait, wrong corps! :tongue: )

• Like 1

A idea for the 2017 Cadets:

"Everest"

"Nacht/Sonnenaufgang" (from Eine Alpensinfonie) by Richard Strauss

"Transcendent Journey" by Rossano Galante (If you listen to this on YouTube, listen on 1.25 speed)

"Serenity (O Magnum Mysterium)" by Ola Gjeilo

"Volcano" (from Symphony No. 50 "Mount St. Helens") by Alan Hovhaness

"The Frozen Cathedral" by John Mackey

All pieces that have rarely or never been performed in DCI, and I believe can really flow together nicely.

If you haven't listened to this show, you should! Hope someone sees this and puts it on the field.

Oh and thanks for flipping the "omg let's waste 96 straight hours listening to music" switch. Grrrr. Things go much better when that switch is OFF.

• Like 2

Oh and thanks for flipping the "omg let's waste 96 straight hours listening to music" switch. Grrrr. Things go much better when that switch is OFF.

Heh! Sorry...

• Like 1

A idea for the 2017 Cadets:

"Everest"

"Nacht/Sonnenaufgang" (from Eine Alpensinfonie) by Richard Strauss

"Transcendent Journey" by Rossano Galante (If you listen to this on YouTube, listen on 1.25 speed)

"Serenity (O Magnum Mysterium)" by Ola Gjeilo

"Volcano" (from Symphony No. 50 "Mount St. Helens") by Alan Hovhaness

"The Frozen Cathedral" by John Mackey

All pieces that have rarely or never been performed in DCI, and I believe can really flow together nicely.

Yes yes yes to Alpine Symphony!
  • Like 2

I've also heard they have a show picked out for 2017. It's a sequel to "Awakening" and it's titled "Crumbling."

LMAO... I said it should be Behind The Glass Door.

Sorta like Behind the Green Door only G rated. :)

LMAO... I said it should be Behind The Glass Door.

Sorta like Behind the Green Door only G rated. :)

Or they could call it "The Zone: Dreamscape in Four Parts with a Glassdoor." Or "Volume 2: Through the Looking Glassdoor."
  • Like 1