Cadets 2017

5 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

another very good score by Cadets tonight - over 75 

the 0.6 gap in percussion with Crown is a bit shocking - gotta get CLEAN

Cadets need to honker down in the music captions. Surprisingly they're staying close in GE which should improve as they clean. 

Just now, Tobias said:

Cadets need to honker down in the music captions. Surprisingly they're staying close in GE which should improve as they clean. 

honestly there's a difference in the book vs. some of the corps against them. Tougher and not as clean right now. They will clean and/or hose over the next couple weeks

Ensemble actually sounds good - which is key - so they need to push those lines to clean and feet to clean

Probably why they are holding off on the closer for a tad until they get the performance levels up

And yes - as they do the GE will rise as well. Frankly a good position to be in. 

Gap was a little larger tonight - but partial panel with no guard advantage they had last night

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

honestly there's a difference in the book vs. some of the corps against them. Tougher and not as clean right now. They will clean and/or hose over the next couple weeks

Ensemble actually sounds good - which is key - so they need to push those lines to clean and feet to clean

Probably why they are holding off on the closer for a tad until they get the performance levels up

And yes - as they do the GE will rise as well. Frankly a good position to be in. 

Gap was a little larger tonight - but partial panel with no guard advantage they had last night

Crown is much cleaner out of gate than Cadets. Still think Cadets have a show with legs but we'll see some expansion/contraction of gaps for awhile. Both strong corps this year. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Screamer said:

I really don't understand how you can have a show without a judge for a caption :l

Competition is a big part of DCI, and every corps is pushing themselves and each other to improve and achieve excellent. But, apparently it is ok for some shows to be judged differently that others, and which captions are left off seems totally random. Okay...

4 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

You are right though,moving up the scale is a real accomplishment, especially if CCs guard is of the same quality of past years.

Just one guy's opinion, they aren't. They are better than the debut of course, but missing some things at this venture especially the closer.

9 minutes ago, c.l. said:

Just one guy's opinion, they aren't. They are better than the debut of course, but missing some things at this venture especially the closer.

often one's success has nothing to do with if you got better ( although it can )  but also what others do ( or dont )..

8 hours ago, GUARDLING said:

often one's success has nothing to do with if you got better ( although it can )  but also what others do ( or dont )..

To be or not to be....

• Like 1

I was at the Cranston, RI show last night, and I was blown away by Cadets' show.  Oddly enough, this show impacted me like a corps from way back in 1988.  That corps was Sun Coast Sound at DCI East in Manning Bowl in Lynn, MA.  Experiencing "Symphonic Dances for the Contemporary Child" provided me one of my most memorable drum corps experiences.  It had a wham, bam, smack you in the face (in a good way) quality and an emotional impact that was unforgettable.  Many exceptional effects were provided by a great color guard.  Though it did not place well, I consider it a drum corps classic.  This year's Cadets' show had the same kind of effect on me last night. It never stopped providing thrills, and the composition and staging were wonderful.  I am excited that I get to see them again in Lynn tonight.  I also thought CC was terrific, with an unbelievable brass section (no surprise).  As expected, they were much cleaner than Cadets.  However, after my first live viewing of both, I have to say that CC has a very, very good show.  However it is not great, and that is a bit of a disappointment.  Cadets' show, IMHO, is great. 

• Like 5

9 minutes ago, JFitz19 said:

I was at the Cranston, RI show last night, and I was blown away by Cadets' show.  Oddly enough, this show impacted me like a corps from way back in 1988.  That corps was Sun Coast Sound at DCI East in Manning Bowl in Lynn, MA.  Experiencing "Symphonic Dances for the Contemporary Child" provided me one of my most memorable drum corps experiences.  It had a wham, bam, smack you in the face (in a good way) quality and an emotional impact that was unforgettable.  Many exceptional effects were provided by a great color guard.  Though it did not place well, I consider it a drum corps classic.  This year's Cadets' show had the same kind of effect on me last night. It never stopped providing thrills, and the composition and staging were wonderful.  I am excited that I get to see them again in Lynn tonight.  I also thought CC was terrific, with an unbelievable brass section (no surprise).  As expected, they were much cleaner than Cadets.  However, after my first live viewing of both, I have to say that CC has a very, very good show.  However it is not great, and that is a bit of a disappointment.  Cadets' show, IMHO, is great. 

As a fan, it's exactly where I was HOPING Cadets would be at this juncture. Dirty - just behind the leaders - with a show full of creativity and "wow" moments. Just got to get the execution up and the ending on. Then watch out! This is classic 80s/90s Cadets. The show is unique, you can see tons of potential and they've just got to work work work.

• Like 3