Cadets 2017

17 minutes ago, JFitz19 said:

I was at the Cranston, RI show last night, and I was blown away by Cadets' show.  Oddly enough, this show impacted me like a corps from way back in 1988.  That corps was Sun Coast Sound at DCI East in Manning Bowl in Lynn, MA.  Experiencing "Symphonic Dances for the Contemporary Child" provided me one of my most memorable drum corps experiences.  It had a wham, bam, smack you in the face (in a good way) quality and an emotional impact that was unforgettable.  Many exceptional effects were provided by a great color guard.  Though it did not place well, I consider it a drum corps classic.  This year's Cadets' show had the same kind of effect on me last night. It never stopped providing thrills, and the composition and staging were wonderful.  I am excited that I get to see them again in Lynn tonight.  I also thought CC was terrific, with an unbelievable brass section (no surprise).  As expected, they were much cleaner than Cadets.  However, after my first live viewing of both, I have to say that CC has a very, very good show.  However it is not great, and that is a bit of a disappointment.  Cadets' show, IMHO, is great. 

So glad you liked Cadets! BTW, I loved SCS. What a great brass line they had and always such a great corps to watch perform. 

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Tobias said:

So glad you liked Cadets! BTW, I loved SCS. What a great brass line they had and always such a great corps to watch perform. 

Thanks for the Suncoast love!

• Like 3

6 hours ago, FLBuzcut said:

Thanks for the Suncoast love!

Mad love for Suncoast. Especially the Dances show and the Florida Suite years...

In the 80s for me it was Cadets & Suncoast :inlove:

(and then I had a brief affair with Star - but let's not go there) 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Mad love for Suncoast. Especially the Dances show and the Florida Suite years...

Cadets and Suncoast were a good pair. In '83 we spent much of second tour (for those who remember first and second tours) with the Cadets, which is probably where my love affair with them began. I saw the show and heard Mass many, many times that summer, so this year's show brings back lots of great memories. I'm totally loving this modern take on Mass that respects the piece and pushes the design forward while honoring  the past. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

We all had a brief affair with Star.  We had no choice. They broke if off with us quite abruptly. 

• Like 5

Nice job Cadets! Congrats percussion! Same judge who had them down big last night..

• Like 1