Cadets 2017

I can't wait to see the line of critics stepping up to apologize for the trashing of the guard staff when they were hired

• Like 1

On 7/3/2017 at 7:03 PM, Tobias said:

She reminds me so much of April. The kids will succeed out of sheer fear! Kudos though to the writers. The guard book is effective, not overwritten, and just so pleasing to watch and it's only July 3! 

it's not just fear, there's love there too. Seeing her work up close for over 10 years, you see through the tough ### ##### front that is put up, and you see a lot of heart and love.

• Like 2

On 7/3/2017 at 7:21 PM, GUARDLING said:

ln fairness to the critics Jeff . The differences with the guard this year have alot to do with others on staff this year. Kristy has some great qualities and so does joe BUT a leash is always needed. 

The combination for sure is working much better for them this year and that's great to see for all of the staff and of course the MMs .

You are right though,moving up the scale is a real accomplishment, especially if CCs guard is of the same quality of past years.

well let's be honest...they were handed a #### concept to pull off that was changed every other day. hard to make pearls out of swine

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

well let's be honest...they were handed a #### concept to pull off that was changed every other day. hard to make pearls out of swine

Also their staging this year is 1000 times better and that contributes a lot to both the focus of the guard and their scoring

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Tobias said:

Watching drill being learned can be as stimulating as getting your ### waxed. 

Actually, I enjoy watching when new drill is learned.  Eight counts at a time, set to set, finished product.  I meet up with the Cadets in Urbana on Thursday and then I come off DCP for a couple of weeks.  But look for my daily blog on the Cadets Parent and Volunteer Facebook page.

Fan of the Arts

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

In all fairness last year will be one many will not want to look back on and talk about but the Cadets staff have regrouped and have put a product on the field this year which will make it even easier not to look back.  This is a really good Cadet show this year and the people who should be liking it (the men in the green shirts) are.  That I am extremely happy about.

Fan of the Arts 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Jeff Ream said:

it's not just fear, there's love there too. Seeing her work up close for over 10 years, you see through the tough ### ##### front that is put up, and you see a lot of heart and love.

I like Kristy and was one of very few people that encouraged her and Joe last season. I explained it's a tough old guard at Cadets and they find change very unsettling. Alumni can be absolutely brutal and some of the worse Cadetd critics. And then there was the product that they were handed. 

Edited by Tobias

12 minutes ago, Tobias said:

I like Kristy and was one of very few people that encouraged her and Joe last season. I explained it's a tough old guard at Cadets and they find change very unsettling. Alumni can be absolutely brutal and some of the worse Cadetd critics. And then there was the product that they were handed. 

An old Joan Rivers line...."can we talk"?  I am a huge supporter of both Kristy and Joe!  Their work speaks for itself.  Have you noticed no noise in the background?  That's because alumni must be extremely happy with these kids and the show because we would hear it if they weren't. You have never been so right when you said "Alumni can be absolutely brutal and some of the worse Cadet critics".  There were so many distractions last year at times it wasn't fun even volunteering.  But it wasn't enough to keep me away this summer and believe me I thought about it.

Fan of the Arts

• Like 2