Cadets 2017

3 hours ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

Nearly set in stone, but if confirmed I will be joining the corps starting in Kansas and volunteering with them through Indy. Cannot wait !!!

On behalf of son, thank you!!

• Like 3

3 hours ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

Nearly set in stone, but if confirmed I will be joining the corps starting in Kansas and volunteering with them through Indy. Cannot wait !!!

Thanks so much! We appreciate all the volunteers. You'll love the kids. They're not the awful villains portrayed in this site! Lol. 

Just now, ZachDrumCorps said:

It's quite odd that most of them will be older than me!

They are very well mannered humble kids. You'll be blown away how hard they work. 

• Like 2

I was able to be at both the Cranston and Lynn shows; despite the Bristol parading previously in the day, the corps was on fire even with the neighboring fireworks bombarding in the skies around them. Minor shift in humidity made the weapons wet, but the guard reacted wonderfully. The amount of work and improvement is quite telling. Cranston show might have suffered a little salt water fatigue from the dips in the harbor earlier in the day, but that was all worn off at the Manning Bowl.

It was interesting to hear crowd response at the Manning Bowl, not just applause or usual grand stand comments. But here in Catholic Boston, one could actually hear vocal responses to part of the prayer parts of the Mass; the congregation in the stands was doing it spontaneously and almost reactively rather than consciously. Gloria, Credo, etc. and blessing themselves at the Sign of the Cross. You had to be there. I like the adjustment to the celebrant's script now voicing aloud, "Thy Holy Name shall always be. Amen." They also noted the Cardinal motif worn by the DMs.

Winning the crowd over from the start and continuing to be a great public relations move was the singing of the National Anthem on July fourth by the 8 member Cadets vocal ensemble. They got great press at the first contest, but the movie theater crowd did not get to hear them sing. Tonite proved what the raves were about. Percy has done a tremendous job with these talented musicians. And the crowd let them know how much they appreciated and respected that talent. I have not heard such a great response since 9/11. https://www.facebook.com/cadets.org/videos/vb.31303916348/10155582188671349/?type=2&theater

Dinos like me and other alums were quite pleased to see what the choir was wearing for the National Anthem. The stripes are back. I saw it with my own eyes. But here's the proof for that night at least.

Image may contain: 4 people, people standing, sky and outdoor

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 4

It's so odd... despite being The Cadets™, this drum corps and year specifically is one of the most positive and friendly drum corps I have met. They're always so happy, I don't understand it! If I did what they did everyday I would die ha ha

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Shewhois said:

It's so odd... despite being The Cadets™, this drum corps and year specifically is one of the most positive and friendly drum corps I have met. They're always so happy, I don't understand it! If I did what they did everyday I would die ha ha

This year's mms seem to have a tremendous respect for each other's talents; individually and collectively they are determined to make this season's tour better than last season. I've had 3 occasions to be with them this season and feel that they definitely like each other. It makes working together easier. I think they also have a tremendous respect for their show and for the challenge/opportunity they have before them.

Edited by xandandl