Cadets 2017

4 hours ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

Because Z worked out so well in 2015? Z needs to be retired ... sorry ... I loved Z in 1983 ... I was underwhelmed with the Z in the Power of 10. 

Hmm everyone seemed to love the double Z pull the Bluecoats pulled of in 2014... 

why is it bad when the Cadets do it?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Hmm everyone seemed to love the double Z pull the Bluecoats pulled of in 2014... 

why is it bad when the Cadets do it?

Because it's Cadets.

I think a Zpull can work if musically they are adding a frenzied compilation of the show musical phrasing but I'd have it wrap down into a tilted cross, either the same or complimentary to the opening set. There you'd be musically and visually revisiting the chaotic to peaceful theme of the opening set.

Edited by Tobias

7 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

Perhaps I should drink more often. 

7 hours ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

Maybe this show is bringing out the prophet in you. 

I think he's more enticed by being Fallen and not rushing into Forgiven.:innocent:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Tobias said:

I think a Zpull can work if musically they are adding a frenzied compilation of the show musical phrasing but I'd have it wrap down into a tilted cross, either the same or complimentary to the opening set. There you'd be musically and visually revisiting the chaotic to peaceful theme of the opening set.

Why not do two crosses?  A small one morph's into a lager one (in the same location,) then breaks into the Z?

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Why not do two crosses?  A small one morph's into a lager one (in the same location,) then breaks into the Z?

I like your thought process but within a minute of movement, sometimes attempting too many forms at fast speed just comes across sloppy but yes, you're on the right track for sure! 

The Z stretches out and the drum line pierces the line at a diagonal - the guard that wraps the field runs in and the final set is a large cross titled on the opposite side of the field as a mirror image of the opening cross. So we open and close with giant crosses.

That's my take on it! Woo hoo :) I should be a show designer :)

• Like 1

In what I wrote about Paul Robertson yesterday, I forgot to mention one of his biggest contributions. When the Cadets still owned their own busses in the late 80's and '90's, he organized Cadets Stagecoach lines so that the buses could be chartered in the off season to marching bands and other groups. I remember being at the Papal Mass at Aquaduct in Queens County and seeing all the Cadets' vehicles ferrying Jersey groups of The Faithful to attend. Paul consulted Bob Lendman and Bill Cook from Star of Indiana and tweeked the plan with his depth of personal experience and good common sense. Many, many benefitted. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

The Z stretches out and the drum line pierces the line at a diagonal - the guard that wraps the field runs in and the final set is a large cross titled on the opposite side of the field as a mirror image of the opening cross. So we open and close with giant crosses.

That's my take on it! Woo hoo :) I should be a show designer :)

Oh I love that! The percussion diagonally piercing the Zpull line significant for the persecution of Christ and the final set in a cross of forgiveness, redemption. Clean, easy to read and filled with meaning depending on how deep an individual wants to read into it. Not unlike Ghost's dagger suggestion. 

I just love it George!!!