Cadets 2017

Bernstein's Mass was the perfect choice of music for this year's show.  Most of what they are doing this year is perfect for THIS year.  It's a totally new take on Mass (at least for a drum corps).  The choir is a nice, risky move, and they sound fantastic.  That's innovation.  Positive vibes all over the place.  

This is how I feel about it.

• Like 9

39 minutes ago, 87cadet said:

Exactly.  

I believe it is incredibly unfair to current members when music that has been done by the same corps is recycled, because it inevitably leads to unfair comparisons, and inevitably, the current design and corps simply do not measure up to a championship caliber show from a generation ago. 

No more recycling!  Ever. 

CLAP CLAP FREAKIN CLAP. FINALLY, SOMEONE WHO GETS ME. 

28 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I tell ya, everyone says they aren't tied up in competitive success but a lot of people here sure seem to be. 

I've made my position known on how I feel about competitive success and make no apologies for it. 

And I can't understand how people are complacent with Cadets placing in 7th given they're the second winningest corps in DCI. People need to raise their standards, and so does Cadets. 

Edited by 2000Cadet
  • Like 2

Just now, 2000Cadet said:

And I can't understand how people are complacent with Cadets placing in 7th given they're the second winningest corps in DCI. People need to raise their standards, and so does Cadets. 

No body is complacent that I'm aware of

what I find interesting is that you "loved" the corps and then went dark and angry as soon as they fell to 7th

you either like it or you don't 

3 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

what I find interesting is that you "loved" the corps and then went dark and angry as soon as they fell to 7th

Don't like it

• Like 2

Just because you own and love the yellow Yugo doesn't mean I have to own and love it too. 

50 minutes ago, Icer said:

Here are three things you might consider:

1. Board members do read these pages, but since anyone can post anything on social media, this is an ineffective medium for anything other than general conversation. 

2. If you really want to communicate effectively, perhaps a request an audience at a board meeting. 

3. Any suggestions you make will be most effective in the context of YEA, not just the Cadets. 

This is a long way of saying, if you don't like it shut up. Stop the "go to the board" whining. People can come on here and voice displeasure with the current state of affairs. P.S.  half-naked Jesus is very much an embarrassment, based on the comments of those around me at the stadium. 

31 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Except that when they started adding stuff that I didn't like, I spoke about it as well as when they started going down in placement. I think it's time you climb down off the horse. And I'm really starting to believe it's time to stop taking any stock in what you seem to think is a great show. You loved their show last year at the beginning, then hated it in the end. Now you like a 7th place show more than anything else, and you speak negatively of their closest contender when they clearly are doing something right. Don't try calling me out when you don't have much of a leg to stand on. 

• Like 5