Cadets 2017

40% of the USA population lives within a days drive of Cadets camps - one of the strengths they have built in

yeah they're a little unique in that sense. i'm not suggesting the corps membership is local -- hardly. but all you need to do is plot the first camp attendees on a map to see that regional base. im sure other corps have different ratios of regional vs national.

• Like 1

yeah they're a little unique in that sense. i'm not suggesting the corps membership is local -- hardly. but all you need to do is plot the first camp attendees on a map to see that regional base. im sure other corps have different ratios of regional vs national.

yup - most drive in, some fly regional, a few fly nationally and a very few fly internationally

for that first camp maybe 60/30/8/2 type percentage breakdown

yup - most drive in, some fly regional, a few fly nationally and a very few fly internationally

for that first camp maybe 60/30/8/2 type percentage breakdown

I would also guess the younger a corps' average age, the more local/regional their membership is. IOW, college kids approaching age out are far less likely to care about distance versus marching with a compeititve corps.

Any webinar (percussion) gossip to share?

Tune in to a webinar?

No webinars for those of us on night duty.

Just posted:

Corps Director George Hopkins is hosting a webinar featuring an inside look at our 2017 season on October 17th at 8pm

Wish they would keep stuff more guarded. I sometimes think they put too much out there. Opinions can be formulated before the season even starts.

Wish they would keep stuff more guarded. I sometimes think they put too much out there. Opinions can be formulated before the season even starts.

the one next week is meant to entice someone to audition. Who knows what numbers will be after the staff changes and after the Election.

I agree that last year was over the top with insufficient product to match the hype. I prefer the approach to show announcements taken by Bluecoats and Crown.

One never has to take back words never said.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1

the one next week is meant to entice someone to audition. Who knows what numbers will be after the staff changes and after the Election.

I agree that last year was over the top with insufficient product to match the hype. I prefer the approach to show announcements taken by Bluecoats and Crown.

One never has to take back words never said.

Lol most of the hype was generated by fans and alum.

• Like 1