Cadets 2017

Thanks Mike.

The photo also shows that Marine-style buzz cuts have not always been the semi-official haircut for Cadets members.

But of course, back in those days there were no Swamp-tours or trips with hellacious Texas heat for almost two weeks..

The pictured haircuts were typical of the times but still far shorter than drillman Bobby Hoffman's "afro."

Those haircuts show the longest hair we could have...not over our necks or ears. other corps had members with bushy afros or long straight hair a foot long or more, full beards, etc...topped off by a traditional shako. :tounge2:

As for tour...actually in 1971 we did a two-plus-week tour first to Miami where we stayed a week in dorms at a private school as we rehearsed for VFW Nats in Dallas, playing a Dolphin/49'er summer ex game first, and then drove to Dallas for Nats...and back to Atlanta to do an exhibition at Six Flags before returning to Garfield. It was VERY hot...and we wore real wool unis, of course.

Ha, ha, ha.

Today's truth is funnier than fiction:

Hey that's quite the uniform change I missed catching when I saw Cadets this past summer. Wonder where the credit is on the sheet?

Check the twitter video on corps' website today (10/26-27) giving snippet of clash of corps and featuring spinning rifles.

Tall guy in second file (behind the featured rifle) comes forward bare-chested and wearing a washed out red baseball cap, comes out as a gal in blue sports bra. (Whaattt?!!!)

That's quite the editing trick...

What other surprise miracles for 2017 ??

Edited by xandandl

Cadets brassline webinar tonight at 9 on Halloween.

Maybe they are looking for screamers???

Maybe hornline will be rather scary???

Hehe,"Screamer"

In today's "moment of drum corps zen" I offer up Cadets 2013 in OH just before finals in Indy

Probably the best single performance of that spectacular horn and drum book from 2013:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oglj0Ezybbc

Music Ensemble judge went APE for it!

• Like 2

So around the 2nd week of October last year, Cadets had given us an idea as to the types of music they would be playing. But this year, we are rolling into November with no news. Perhaps they're finally taking my advice and shutting the hell up until June? I hope so.

• Like 3

So around the 2nd week of October last year, Cadets had given us an idea as to the types of music they would be playing. But this year, we are rolling into November with no news. Perhaps they're finally taking my advice and shutting the hell up until June? I hope so.

Anything they can do differently from last year, the better. I think too much info on social media allows for very early scrutinizing of everything. Subtly sparks more interest. Small quick snippets throughout the winter is ok but keep people guessing.

FYI, the top 3 last year were very quiet all off season.