Cadets 2017

My post had absolutely nothing to do with the placement of the corps. I was speaking more about the opinion that there is just way too much information being put out in the offseason about what their show plans are. Sometimes it is better to keep the cake in the bakery until my birthday actually arrives.

I would tend to agree with this, too. LOL.

I have no problem with a corps keeping us up to date during the offseason. Reaching out to the fan base...nothing wrong with that.

What kinda wears me out is the "We're doing this show... no, we're doing THIS show... wait a minute, we're doing another version of our original show idea... wait another minute, we're doing something completely different... give us another week, we'll have another staff meeting and come up what we REALLY are gonna do and this time we're sticking with it!!!" back-and-forth that we can get from this corps.

Sheesh. :tongue:

• Like 1

I would tend to agree with this, too. LOL.

I have no problem with a corps keeping us up to date during the offseason. Reaching out to the fan base...nothing wrong with that.

What kinda wears me out is the "We're doing this show... no, we're doing THIS show... wait a minute, we're doing another version of our original show idea... wait another minute, we're doing something completely different... give us another week, we'll have another staff meeting and come up what we REALLY are gonna do and this time we're sticking with it!!!" back-and-forth that we can get from this corps.

Sheesh. :tongue:

EXACTLY.

• Like 1

I just think it was kind of cool that Bluecoats said nothing until the last minute and came out and kicked everyone's ###. Hoping Cadets put together a strong show for 2017.

• Like 1

I just think it was kind of cool that Bluecoats said nothing until the last minute and came out and kicked everyone's ###. Hoping Cadets put together a strong show for 2017.

Hopefully, but after this major staff change, I do not expect anything better than 2016.

• Like 2

Hopefully, but after this major staff change, I do not expect anything better than 2016.

Now who is being Debbie-downer even before auditions have been held or any show announcements made?

Talking about switching horses mid-stream.

if I were to post the Tekk comments from the previous several Autumns complaining about others doing that exact thing... :shutup:

Edited by xandandl

I think we, also, have to remember that some hires for social media have been put into place, so that's probably going to need time to ramp up.

Now who is being Debbie-downer even before auditions have been held or any show announcements made?

Talking about switching horses mid-stream.

if I were to post the Tekk comments from the previous several Autumns complaining about others doing that exact thing... :shutup:

It's called realism and keeping things in perspective. Too many people thought the new staff would bring better chances for Cadets last year and look at how that went. Now I know better. If things turn out better than last year, then I can be pleasantly surprised. But after last year, I have learned to expect nothing better.

It's called realism and keeping things in perspective. Too many people thought the new staff would bring better chances for Cadets last year and look at how that went. Now I know better. If things turn out better than last year, then I can be pleasantly surprised. But after last year, I have learned to expect nothing better.

We'll see. Crown has big changes to their staff which will probably create the growing pains Cadets went through last year. On paper, we should see a stronger Cadets than last year. Second year of new guard program with some excellent additions, Tom heading up percussion, brass will be fine. They've never really fallen after a staff change and show design.....I'm sure they'll be very vigilant in their construction this year.