Cadets 2017

Hopkins said singing will happen about 4 of 11 minutes of the show

Which, if the judges eat the Cadets alive for this, will be down to about 30 seconds by championship week. LOL.

• Like 1

Which, if the judges eat the Cadets alive for this, will be down to about 30 seconds by championship week. LOL.

it won't be cut back; can't be cut back

Soooo, they might need eight members who will only sing for about four minutes. Doesn't seem any points gained is worth the loss of eight other spots.

it's about 5 minutes - similar to how many sections of many corps actually played as an ensemble last year

I can't be the only one who thought the singing was going to take up just one part of the show, and/or maybe the preshow. Guess that's not the case. GIve me more brass.

it won't be cut back; can't be cut back

Wow... so if it doesn't work.... to borrow a Bobby Hoffman phrase, they're in deep #### trouble. :tongue:

The webinar said it'd be SATB literature, in almost all English. There'll be parts that are almost a cappella and parts that are everyone, all systems go. George (Mr. Hopkins?) also said we'd be wearing a variation of the uniform (did not specify guard or proper, but most likely proper) but he couldn't reveal what kind. I asked if the small ensemble would do I&E (something The Cadets haven't done since 1984), and he said he hadn't thought about it. The rest of the questions pertained to auditions and such and aren't really relevant here.

As far as time spent singing, it really is a no-win for some of you... Too little, it's a waste of eight members. Too much, and obvious complaints. Which are both somewhat valid... however I'd say about four minutes is a good amount if they're gonna go all in with this. No matter who's in it, it won't be bad singing. There'll be over 30 people auditioning for 8 parts.

• Like 2