Cadets 2017

One might consider that some of the new staff only accepted GH hiring request if he spent more time out of the way.

One of Tom Aungst's major requirements i suspect.
  • Like 1

I was thinking any agreement wouldn't make it to Indy.

Squabble free no but it's a contract and will be honored. Tom is a Cadet and wants them back where they could be... up top. Word on the street is many of the superstars would return home to Cadets in the future if Tom was st the helm. As for now, let's max out with the new team, mostly Cadets alumni... Here's to the nurturing of new superstars! Edited by Tobias
  • Like 1

it wouldn't load for me :/

It's officially back.

However, HoDad will still be disappointed as there is no mention of bathroom etiquette.

A little birdie said the Hopewell Valley custodians may be miffed at his sarcasm for they certainly are a great gang whom the corps appreciates a lot..

https://yea.org/programs/cadets/cadets/news/1461-a-report-from-the-cadets-audition-weekend

Edited by xandandl

One would think a world class drum corps would spend a few minutes proofreading their announcements before posting.

Edited by wallace
  • Like 1

I'm all for hearing any positive news from the camps. My hope for this season is an improvement in the GE caption as well as continued gains in guard. Any placement higher than sixth would bring a smile to my face. A medal would tickle me to no end, and a gold would leave me speechless which is a monumental task in itself.

Agreed. GE/viz have been a problem for several years. There's a new team in place well aware of the shortcomings plaguing the Cadets. Also, they are looking at competitive placement. It is a competition...

FWIW as early as last spring The Cadets new they were having MAJOR visual issues and were trying to rectify it. I don't think things worked out as they had hoped (and I know they were unable to land the Vis. cleaner they were hoping for), but the problem has been known for 6+ months. I'm hoping with summer + fall Cadets were able to find their team and things will improve drastically now that that team will have the entire winter to build their program/fundamentals/basics/etc. It's easy to point to, say, last year's design and right off a lot due to that: but crystal-clean vis execution is a big component (have the Vis. sheets) and with that Cadets could excel in 2017.

We'll find out by June how the new team is working