Cadets 2017

So to summarize:

Cadets will be great this year.

Cadets don't have a good number of vets returning.

Cadets will win it all this year.

Cadets will not make finals this year.

Cadets will become the greatest drum corps in a bigly way.

Cadets will lose members and fold in the year 2038.

I think I've captured it all. Let me know if I left anything out.

• Like 3

Sorry X, I didn't read comments by Craiga as being a "definite political agenda" or giving the impression the Cadets horn line might be dismal. He mentioned facts about two kids that were cut by Boston and getting a chance to march with the Cadets. There was no spin to his comments.

I heard the number was seven.

Just a thought that came to mind. I know Cadets have been a corps that hasn't played much show music if any at brass warm ups for shows. Is that something that will carry over to Boston with Cipriani's staff? Or is it a Cadets tradition thing?

Just a thought that came to mind. I know Cadets have been a corps that hasn't played much show music if any at brass warm ups for shows. Is that something that will carry over to Boston with Cipriani's staff? Or is it a Cadets tradition thing?

Might be something that carries over to Boston as in 1999, we did play show music during warmups, but in 2000 (when Gino and the new brass staff came along), I don't recall us ever playing music during warmups; I cannot say that is a Cadets tradition.

Wow! At no time did I imply that there were "scores of Cadets trying to get into Bac"...where did THAT come from??? I have no information whatsoever about where many Cadets vets are going..or not going. I only said that a couple brass players were cut from Boston and got callbacks from Cadets. One of them is a college kid who is a former band student of mine. He texted me as he was at the recent camp in Allentown. It sounds as if Cadets alumni have much greater info on the membership than I do, which is what I would expect. Some folks here apparently need to chill.

Somretimes it's just corps A needs tubas and Corps B doesn't. When a section/line is filled,it's filled.

Ask Gino, since he was caption head and certainly making those decisions.

A few members obviously follow teachers - it's a relationship thing. It would be surprising if they did not

Happened all the time back in the primordial soup era pre-DCI (read "my era" :tounge2: ) as well as now.

A large portion of the Garfield drumline quit after 1971 when George Tuthill, our amazing instructor, was let go. 2 of 4 snares, all three tri-toms and 2 of 4 timpani. all went to the Cabs, where George was teaching as well.

I decided not to join the Cabs (was one of the tri-toms), so rejoined Garfield, but I played baritone in support of George.

I mean...who would EVER want to play in a drumline taught by.....Fred Sanford! :wow:

• Like 3