Cadets 2017

8 hours ago, BoaDci said:

Ink.  I know everybody hates it, but man...I love it.  I think most people dont give it a chance because Crown didnt win, and the actual show gets lost in the mix.  People need to realize its not BDs fault that the judges liked them better.   I liked the show.

Bd 2011

Cadets 2015

I didn't hate it at all BUT I feel they get a free ride from the judges. There was a lot of junk laying all over the field. Crown got hit for that with trampolines and Cadets got anniliated with the towers. They're a very strong consistent corps but just get away with stuff others don't.

5 minutes ago, Tobias said:

I didn't hate it at all BUT I feel they get a free ride from the judges. There was a lot of junk laying all over the field. Crown got hit for that with trampolines and Cadets got anniliated with the towers. They're a very strong consistent corps but just get away with stuff others don't.

I always wondered if Crown was victim to a bad finals run.  

7 minutes ago, Tobias said:

I always wondered if Crown was victim to a bad finals run.  I dont think they had too many props.  If we are working by this logic felliniesque shouldnt have won.

Edited by BoaDci

9 hours ago, BoaDci said:

Ink.  I know everybody hates it, but man...I love it.  I think most people dont give it a chance because Crown didnt win, and the actual show gets lost in the mix.  People need to realize its not BDs fault that the judges liked them better.   I liked the show.

Bd 2011

Cadets 2015

You sure you're posting in the right thread? This is the Cadets 2017 thread, not the Underrated Shows thread. Just checking!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

You sure you're posting in the right thread? This is the Cadets 2017 thread, not the Underrated Shows thread. Just checking!

Totally in the wrong thread...XD NVM

Edited by BoaDci

3 hours ago, Tobias said:

There was a lot of junk laying all over the field. Crown got hit for that with trampolines and Cadets got anniliated with the towers.  

I wonder if that's how the judges critiqued Boston's windmills.

5 hours ago, Tobias said:

To say BD got a "free ride" from the judges is disingenuous and inaccurate. Devils' use of props were integral to the program, incredibly well integrated, and moved/restaged flawlessly. Cadets towers weren't (I thought they should have been eliminated early in the season), and Crown's trampolines were an afterthought used very little (i suspect they had plans for those that simply didn't work out). 

To be fair, BD 11 was not at all my favorite visual package, but there's no denying it was well designed and well performed.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Lance said:

The equivalent of Beiber for me was New Kids on the Block.

If you had told me as a kid that any DCI fan who didn't embrace New Kids on the Block was a curmudgeon, I would've told you that you were a moron. 

Because you would be. 

You understood perfectly what I meant in that post. There is an aversion in drum corps to anything that doesn't meet the tastes of those who were former members or are donors. While it's good to hold on to meaningful traditions, we can see in the Cadets' show design the past few years what happens when you hold on to old artistic notions for too long. They become dated. There's a host of reasons why BD is so successful, and one of them is they embrace new artistic ideas. Like it or not, their designs are the cream of the crop. If the Cadets do not embrace these ideas then we'll continue to be a middle of a pack drum corps, and that should be unacceptable to any of the Cadets whether he/she may be faculty, current MM, or an alumni.  

6 hours ago, BoaDci said:

I always wondered if Crown was victim to a bad finals run.  

Crown could have won. We're just in a BD dominance phase so if things are close, they get the nod. Crown won GE for god sake. Some hake probably creamed them in VA or something.

1 hour ago, Kamarag said:

To say BD got a "free ride" from the judges is disingenuous and inaccurate. Devils' use of props were integral to the program, incredibly well integrated, and moved/restaged flawlessly. Cadets towers weren't (I thought they should have been eliminated early in the season), and Crown's trampolines were an afterthought used very little (i suspect they had plans for those that simply didn't work out). 

To be fair, BD 11 was not at all my favorite visual package, but there's no denying it was well designed and well performed.

Isn't he talking about INK? 2015? Not 2011.