Cadets 2017

8 minutes ago, Brass34 said:

I don't want to hear any music or see what the uniforms look like until the theater broadcast. HOWEVER, I'd totally be intrigued if a few subtle hints were dropped over the next few months

I can understand everyone wanting something, anything but I am with Tekk. The less said, the better.

5 hours ago, Hrothgar15 said:

Anyone know who Cadets' new brass arranger is?

Drew Shanefield

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Brass34 said:

I don't want to hear any music or see what the uniforms look like until the theater broadcast. HOWEVER, I'd totally be intrigued if a few subtle hints were dropped over the next few months

I personally don't think secretive and stealth-mode winters are very good for the drum corps activity

As just a PR basic, it's important to keep your audience engaged year round

JMO

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

I personally don't think secretive and stealth-mode winters are very good for the drum corps activity

JMO

I understand your point.

I do wonder though, in the pre-internet days-do you believe it was hard for the activity to flourish with little to no info? 

3 minutes ago, tesmusic said:

I do wonder though, in the pre-internet days-do you believe it was hard for the activity to flourish with little to no info? 

Prior to Gore inventing the internet, there were publications, such as Drum Corp World, that provided some off season info.  Some regions of the country had major newspapers with a weekly article about the local D&BC scene.

Edited by Ghost

5 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Prior to Gore inventing the internet, there were publications, such as Drum Corp World, that provided some off season info.  Some regions of the country had major newspapers with a weekly article about the local D&BC scene.

I know. I received them. Didn't offer much info at this point, IMO.

That said, you didn't answer my question. Not trying to start an argument just curious.

Just now, tesmusic said:

That said, you didn't answer my question. Not trying to start an argument just curious.

Not really,  With all the corps in your own metro area and all the mm you knew or hung out with, the corps couldn't hide much.  You could go watch them practice, see the corps in parades , etc.

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

JMO

By PR, I assume you don't mean Phantom Regiment...

:-)

3 hours ago, George Dixon said:

JMO

So with a nod to 2017, Cadets twitter gives a video interview comment but it is about C2 from the current brass head there.

Madison Scouts thread of late is currently plodding with oblique swipes at Cadets from some I am pretty sure do not represent Scouts; almost sounds like the Boston thread at times. Peace all. You never put yourself up by putting others down. Facts with cited sources gets more respect than anonymous third cousin twice removed's neighbor's nephew's roommate hearing something.

Edited by xandandl
  • Like 1