Recommended Posts

13 minutes ago, onceuponatime said:

Please excuse my intrusion into the world of DCP, where I seldom visit or post.

I am a Cadet Alumnus, and have been for many, many years. For that reason I seldom see The Cadets as others see them.

It is with great joy at this moment though to read all the positive comments on the 2017 Cadets. Thank you.

I too think they are wonderful. I always do, but this year is something more than just wonderful. 

To The Cadets, their staff who have also proved to be amazing, and to the show they have brought to the field and given life...I am very, very proud.

We never know what awaits us at the end of the road, but when you manage to bring so much magic to the journey,  you have already succeeded.

FHNSAB...

Dave Shaw

 I hope George Hopkins rethinks how he treated your Cadets commentary, older pictures on Facebook, Dave. I thought your daily commentary there were almost universally complimentary to your Cadets, and also were totally harmless to the Cadets in every way imaginable. I thoroughly enjoyed that daily commentary you provided as well as the wonderful Cadets pictures and wonderful Cadets stories you shared with us there.

Edited by BRASSO
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, onceuponatime said:

Please excuse my intrusion into the world of DCP, where I seldom visit or post.

I am a Cadet Alumnus, and have been for many, many years. For that reason I seldom see The Cadets as others see them.

It is with great joy at this moment though to read all the positive comments on the 2017 Cadets. Thank you.

I too think they are wonderful. I always do, but this year is something more than just wonderful. 

To The Cadets, their staff who have also proved to be amazing, and to the show they have brought to the field and given life...I am very, very proud.

We never know what awaits us at the end of the road, but when you manage to bring so much magic to the journey,  you have already succeeded.

FHNSAB...

Dave Shaw

Great post, glad you came by to spread your feelings. I also want to say that I love all the old pictures and support you show for the corps on Facebook. You post some great comments on a friend of mine's (current member) profile and in the comments.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

 I hope George Hopkins rethinks how he treated your Cadets commentary, older pictures on Facebook, Dave. I thought your daily commentary there were almost universally complimentary to your Cadets, and also were totally harmless to the Cadets in every way imaginable. I thoroughly enjoyed that daily commentary you provided as well as the wonderful Cadets pictures and wonderful Cadets stories you shared with us there.

Dave is about the Cadets, not one man. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, 2000Cadet said:

That's what I got from them. I don't think they should be moved within the show. Cadets are not really good with that. Leave the props stationary. They don't move windows around in a church do they? 

Probably just spreading them out to make them more asthetically pleasing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Tobias said:

Probably just spreading them out to make them more asthetically pleasing.

Understood, but it looks to me that they serve the primary purpose of being a "dressing room" and secondary purpose of being the backdrop for the show. And it also seems that they're in the position they're in based on what is written in the drill. They'd probably have to rewrite a section of drill if they were to spread them out. I'm sure it's not impossible, as I think of 1996 as an example. But I don't think they really need to be moved. I'm sure they'll figure it out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Understood, but it looks to me that they serve the primary purpose of being a "dressing room" and secondary purpose of being the backdrop for the show. And it also seems that they're in the position they're in based on what is written in the drill. They'd probably have to rewrite a section of drill if they were to spread them out. I'm sure it's not impossible, as I think of 1996 as an example. But I don't think they really need to be moved. I'm sure they'll figure it out. 

Maybe they're using that previous backfield position where they were for new drill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Maybe they're using that previous backfield position where they were for new drill.

Looks like you got your wish. They changed the spacing of the windows. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a wish, just a thought.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Chip away Cadets, chip away. Little by little. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.