Cadets 2017

2 hours ago, Tobias said:

I still say "and also with you" since that's how I learned it.

Mass was created in the 70s, the change went into effect in Catholic church in 2008. It's accurate. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, candymancan said:

Yes, that guard judge apparently has it in for the CBCCG and I'm not sure why.  This is the best guard they have had in a while.  It's puzzling to me...

he even marched Cadets guard under April, but I'm not positive whether he tecked there later or wasn't asked. I associate him more with Marc Sylvester who wrote the drill for the Bethel Independent guard in Ct which this judge had some connection.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Mass was created in the 70s, the change went into effect in Catholic church in 2008. It's accurate. 

You are both right. The Tridentine Latin Rite of the Mass used from 810 AD until Vatican II used "et (c-u-m meaning "with") spiritu tuo" (and with your spirit.) Since different parts of the English speaking world (South Africa, Australia, New Zealand) use "spirit" more for what we Americans understand as ghosts (not the poster,) the American translation after Vatican II went to "and also with you." So that's how it was for forty years until Benedict XVI's unification and re-regulation re-inserted the "and with your spirit" world wide.  Many Protestant groups vary with the translation in their services, some choosing one, others the other. I'm glad the Good Lord understands and hears all this better than we do. :-)

Edited by xandandl

10 minutes ago, xandandl said:

he even marched Cadets guard under April, but I'm not positive whether he tecked there later or wasn't asked. I associate him more with Marc Sylvester who wrote the drill for the Bethel Independent guard in Ct which this judge had some connection.

it's a good guard but they need to "hit their dots" -- a huge April thing from what I remember. They are not hitting their dots and they spin/dance better than they "march" at times IMO

5 minutes ago, xandandl said:

You are both right. The Tridentine Latin Rite of the Mass used from 810 AD until Vatican II used "et (c-u-m meaning "with") spiritu tuo" (and with your spirit.) Since different parts of the English speaking world (South Africa, Australia, New Zealand) use "spirit" more for what we Americans understand as ghosts (not the poster,) the American translation after Vatican II went to "and also with you." So that's how it was for forty years until Benedict XVI's unification and re-regulation re-inserted the "and with your spirit" world wide.  Many Protestant groups vary with the translation in their services, some choosing one, others the other. I'm glad the Good Lord understands and hears all this better than we do. :-)

I was a mass last week and I don't recall anyone saying anything other than "and also with you" 

It was beaten into all of us :)

3 hours ago, Tobias said:

I still say "and also with you" since that's how I learned it.

It is right and just.

• Like 4

55 minutes ago, xandandl said:

The DCP automatic spell-checker kept censoring out the Latin word for with. 

Wait until it hears the transcription of what the Vocal Ensemble is singing from the original score of MASS.

6 hours ago, Terri Schehr said:

Except we don't say that anymore.  The response is "And with your spirit ". 

That is odd...I've been to Catholic services in the past few months for a funeral, Christening and a wedding, and they said "and also with you".