Cadets 2017

1 minute ago, cadet93 said:

To me BD is more than 2 points ahead of the field.  I was blown away at Crown's home show.  They are professionals among students!!

I agree. It's like BD >>>>>>>>> SCV>> Crown/Coats >>> Boston/Cadets >>>>> BK/Regiment

• Like 3

1 minute ago, George Dixon said:

I agree. It's like BD >>>>>>>>> SCV>> Crown/Coats >>> Boston/Cadets >>>>> BK/Regiment

Exactly.  I understand why DCI doesn't want to acknowledge how much more skilled they are, but it's pretty apparent.  Especially live.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, George Dixon said:

They will finish sixth 

Seventh. It's done. It's a 7th place design and a 7th place corps. There is no way they are finishing higher. It's just not going to happen. Accept it now and you will save yourself some grief come finals. BAC's show design is better and they are performing a better design better. The Cadets had something at the start of the season, but like it recent years they tinkered with it in the wrong direction. I don't like the show today nearly as much as I did at the start of the season. It's completely overkill now.

Edited by henry7184
  • Like 1

47 minutes ago, Fan of the Arts said:

Missing my point which was about Cavies....remember them now only .4 behind who (as you clear your throat) Bluecoats. I think we've all known where Cadets were going to finish once Boston beat them for the first time in a very long time. But look who's crashing the podium party. It's a good year and the best Cadets can do with a good show is 6th.

Fan of the Arts

Gotcha. Yes, the Cavies are really coming this year. It would be wild if they took bronze.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Seventh. It's done. It's a 7th place design and a 7th place corps. There is no way they are finishing higher. It's just not going to happen. Accept it now and you will save yourself some grief come finals. BAC's show design is better and they are performing a better design better. The Cadets had something at the start of the season, but like it recent years they tinkered with it in the wrong direction. I don't like the show today nearly as much as I did at the start of the season. It's completely overkill now.

I am already excited about the thought of the Presto from "On the Waterfront" next year.

I don't see how they could mess that up, it is so Drum Corps even in orchestral form......oh wait.  Goo, costumes.......isn't there a Catholic priest in that movie?

Kidding aside.  Cadets, please do on the Waterfront, and do it angrily, and loud with fast marching.

• Like 2

Just now, cadet93 said:

I am already excited about the thought of the Presto from "On the Waterfront" next year.

I don't see how they could mess that up, it is so Drum Corps even in orchestral form......oh wait.  Goo, costumes.......isn't there a Catholic priest in that movie?

Kidding aside.  Cadets, please do on the Waterfront, and do it angrily, and loud with fast marching.

I would love that. The problem I see is panic. It's like they panic at results then throw everything but the kitchen sink at the show. They club us to death with the theme. It's overkill. Next year - simple theme, no story, good music, good drill, good guard work. That's wall they need.

18 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

Nailed it.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

You forgot the Cavaliers. 

Regarding BD, I think that, as always, they are absolutely nailing their performance; they are the most mature and talented kids on the field this year by far. Design-wise, I'm not 100% sold on the back half of their show, and I have criticism of their old standby visual choices. What will hold them back, if anything, will be the design, and if other groups can clean up and reveal their own demands, because while BD's demands are certainly there, I think that other corps have higher demands that simply aren't being met yet.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

Great to see Cadets over 90.

Need a VERY good day of practice tomorrow and Saturday at Franklin Field

Need that to be a 92 by Saturday night.

I forgot to thank you and @xandandl for sending me a video of the Cadets. Their show is progressing really well and I adore both the opener and closer for this show 

• Like 2