Cadets 2017

1 minute ago, henry7184 said:

Ah, no. I nailed it.

Crap. Didn't even realize Cavies weren't in there. Whoops my bad

1-7 Placements aren't gonna change folks. They were locked in at San Antonio. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

Seventh. It's done. It's a 7th place design and a 7th place corps. There is no way they are finishing higher. It's just not going to happen. Accept it now and you will save yourself some grief come finals. BAC's show design is better and they are performing a better design better. The Cadets had something at the start of the season, but like it recent years they tinkered with it in the wrong direction. I don't like the show today nearly as much as I did at the start of the season. It's completely overkill now.

Yeah uh I won't be in grief if they finish 7h instead of sixth. They have more content and GE scores are improving. So if they can clean they will win that battle. I do agree the changes have been mostly sideways or detracting and as you say I'm not too surprised. It's so obvious what needs to be adjusted yet they won't do it

#godcomplex 

• Like 1

I am not buying the guarantee that Cadets are locked in at 7th.  Boston has a very straightforward show that is being performed at a very high level.  Cadets have a show that is still evolving and growing into the end of the season.  Give me the show with growth potential over the last week or so over the finished final product two weeks out any time.   Not sure that BAC is a lock.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

1-7 Placements aren't gonna change folks. They were locked in at San Antonio. 

There's still time for much to happen. Like a reality show's producers, DCI's powers-that-be know there's $$ in a close and unpredictable competition. 

1 minute ago, Tony L. said:

I am not buying the guarantee that Cadets are locked in at 7th.  Boston has a very straightforward show that is being performed at a very high level.  Cadets have a show that is still evolving and growing into the end of the season.  Give me the show with growth potential over the last week or so over the finished final product two weeks out any time.   Not sure that BAC is a lock.

To be fair, Cadets also have a very straightforward show that is being performed at a very high, but slightly less high, level. I think that the biggest thing they can do is turn down the f***ing goo and let their excellent brass display itself. If there were more time, I'd transfer a few of the vocal moments to brass, but it's a bit too late for that.

2 hours ago, George Dixon said:

Yeah uh I won't be in grief if they finish 7h instead of sixth. They have more content and GE scores are improving. So if they can clean they will win that battle. I do agree the changes have been mostly sideways or detracting and as you say I'm not too surprised. It's so obvious what needs to be adjusted yet they won't do it

#godcomplex 

I'm interested to hear what you feel the "obvious things that need fixing but they don't do to it" are?

Certainly I feel some of the things that were dirty in june are still dirty and I'm not convinced moving the choir has helped (& now creates some masking issues) but what else?

3 hours ago, Tony L. said:

I agree nothing is locked yet for both corps, but Boston 100% does not have a "finished final product" quite yet. The fact you think that's so I think is a compliment to the designers and members.

Rumors of some changes still coming, and imo captions still have room to tighten up.

Should be exciting to see these 2 corps push on the pedal this last week though.

Edited by Narrow
  • Like 1