Cadets 2017

5 hours ago, cadet93 said:

Exactly.  I understand why DCI doesn't want to acknowledge how much more skilled they are, but it's pretty apparent.  Especially live.

The reason seems to be they rehearse and practice more than anyone. They have the $$ to be able to pass on some shows and rehearse instead. If other corps could afford to do that BD would not be so dominant. Plus the judges rewarding them for things they don't always deserve. How many feel they deserve best guard every year for the past , what 8 years??

4 minutes ago, jonwoody said:

The reason seems to be they rehearse and practice more than anyone. They have the $$ to be able to pass on some shows and rehearse instead. If other corps could afford to do that BD would not be so dominant. Plus the judges rewarding them for things they don't always deserve. How many feel they deserve best guard every year for the past , what 8 years??

I agree. Crown had to be undeniably awesome to finally win guard last year 

23 minutes ago, jonwoody said:

I sincerely hope Cavaliers win Best Guard. What they do, and how beautifully they do it, is mind-boggling. A visual circus. From my eyes, all other guards are being educated by Cavies! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Fred Windish said:

I sincerely hope Cavaliers win Best Guard. What they do, and how beautifully they do it, is mind-boggling. A visual circus. From my eyes, all other guards are being educated by Cavies! 

I agree completely. They have really done something special.  And the guard is so well integrated into the drill that it all looks so seamless  

Phantom's guard, while by no means as clean or in the same class as Cavs, is a lot of fun to watch as well.

4 hours ago, jonwoody said:

The actual reason is extreme talent levels across all captions and an instructional/design team like no other. The "easier" schedule in terms of appearances also helps. Other corps including Cadets and Crown this year have adopted more of that. 

9 hours ago, henry7184 said:

Ah, no. I nailed it.

Wow, conceited much?

Boston and Cadets are less than half a point apart going into this regional, and I believe Cadets have the show and the momentum to pass Boston up. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, BoaDci said:

Here's my prediction.  Within five years, Pete Weber will be on staff at Cadets.

Not sure what incentive he has to leave Vanguard, but still...

:drool:

37 minutes ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Not sure what incentive he has to leave Vanguard, but still...

:drool:

Right now you can see alot of Gaines' influence on the drill.  I think Weber might want more of a hands on experience like he previously had, maybe.  This is all just speculation and tinfoil hat stuff, but what if?  Gaines might want a more hands on experience, SCV drops Weber, and then the storied Cadets swoop in and pick up Weber.

• Like 1