Cadets 2017

4 hours ago, brichtimp said:

One design consideration that became obvious to me when viewing BD last night. Their voiceovers seldom (if ever) layer concurrently with the brass....nothing to get in the way of that beast of a horn line. IMHO, that would be a worthy objective for Cadets. 

Agree. I think the choir diminishes the horn line instead of complementing it.  I hesitated to say that lest I get jumped on by the thread defenders.  Many of the most difficult passages played by the horn line in '83 are sung by the choir this year.  

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

my understanding is he is now a "former" judge and therefore is available 

So a one year wait is not a requirement?  Or was that an assumption on someone's part?  It seems reasonable, but may not be applicable.  I am editing as a read back on other posts.  versus the above is the waiting period for going back to judging.  That makes less sense as the former could be viewed as a conflict of interest of sorts.  The latter would not be.

Edited by LabMaster

11 hours ago, jsd said:

It makes me sad that the Cadets have fallen this far. I have "The Championship Years" cd's which is comprised of BD and Cadets...

It seems like so long ago.

I do not know what the answer is to bring the Cadets back to top form. I just know that I want to see it happen. 

The building/rebuilding years are when so many great things are accomplished. This season is perhaps when the MMs get that feeling back of having a show that has wider appeal. Even if they do not move up, this year, their show (and their performance) has stopped the slide, impressed potential members, and shown the DC community that they can still bring it.  A drum corps hasn't truly fallen until everyone stops talking about it. Cadets' thread is the most active on DCP. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Well now, this is just factually wrong. :lle:

I don't know what kind of show I'm expecting from The Cadets next year... of course, we ALL know what's coming in 2019. :biggrin:

More Lenny Bernstein Music... I think is what GH posted earlier.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

More Lenny Bernstein Music... I think is what GH posted earlier.

Right, I knew it was Bernstein coming, just wasn't sure WHAT from Bernstein we would get. On the Waterfront? Candide? Fancy Free? 2019 is pretty much a stone cold lock to be West Side Story, but what kind of show will fill the gap?

1 minute ago, MotoSurfBass said:

Right, I knew it was Bernstein coming, just wasn't sure WHAT from Bernstein we would get. On the Waterfront? Candide? Fancy Free? 2019 is pretty much a stone cold lock to be West Side Story, but what kind of show will fill the gap?

Its a good question, but I really don't know. I suppose the Corps hasn't decided on such things yet, and in fairness to the Cadets here, its a little early still to expect staffers to have decided on such things now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FTNK said:

Emotional manipulation might be a better word, but his post NAILED it

It's called inspirational or visionary leadership 

i do get a lot of what everyone is saying but "mind control" is just a ridiculous way of wording things

google "god complex"

THAT is what we are really talking about 

"A person with a god complex may refuse to admit the possibility of their error or failure, even in the face of irrefutable evidence, intractable problems or difficult or impossible tasks. The person is also highly dogmatic in their views, meaning the person speaks of their personal opinions as though they are unquestionably correct"

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/God_complex

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, BRASSO said:

Its a good question, but I really don't know. I suppose the Corps hasn't decided on such things yet, and in fairness to the Cadets here, its a little early still to expect staffers to have decided on such things now.

I'm hoping for Waterfront 

• Like 4