Cadets 2017

Just now, 2000Cadet said:

We shared a housing site with Cavies in 2000. 

Were there some controversial staff movement at the time too?

7 hours ago, oldcadetsop said:

Tom is more than qualified to be director. But not under Mr. Hopkins. Tom has to have control. You also may be surprised who may come back if Tom has control.

Anyone qualified enough to run Cadets won't work for George. Or with George. No offense but everyone knows that George will never be anywhere but in the drivers seat. And splitting the organization into Cadets/Cadets2 and everything else also won't work because you can't pay the guy to run everything else what you pay Hopkins.

• Like 1

My point exavtly. I would not expect anyone becoming director under the control of Mr. Hopkins. Why I say before , Tom would not do it under those conditions.

2 hours ago, Cappybara said:

Were there some controversial staff movement at the time too?

No, but there was controversial instrumentational movement. :laughing:

• Like 2

I think the way Cadets do singing is about as tasteful as you can do it.  I REALLY feel like the brass needs more exposure.  Side note though:  The "Go in peace" chord is now my ringtone.

• Like 2

My theater had almost nobody in it, but Cadets got a nice reaction.  Their best show yet this year!  Members should be proud and motivated to finish strong after their great performance this evening!

• Like 1

So - saw the run tonight. I honestly don't get the scoring. Regiment brass beat Cadets brass? Cadets in 8th in drums? 

Personally felt the show should be over a 94 and is being dramatically underscored

But - that said - I also feel several corps are out of order, BD should be at least a full point ahead of SCV, and Cavaliers shouldn't be in the neighborhood of Coats

So, apparently what do I know. Personally feel Regiment and BK should be above Crusaders - and Cadets in sixth 

Honestly feel the scoring is becoming more ridiculous the past few seasons. And then we watch the scoring and we all start buying into it as "truth"

But then what do I know.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, George Dixon said:

So - saw the run tonight. I honestly don't get the scoring. Regiment brass beat Cadets brass? Cadets in 8th in drums? 

Personally felt the show should be over a 94 and is being dramatically underscored

But - that said - I also feel several corps are out of order, BD should be at least a full point ahead of SCV, and Cavaliers shouldn't be in the neighborhood of Coats

So, apparently what do I know. Personally feel Regiment and BK should be above Crusaders - and Cadets in sixth 

Honestly feel the scoring is becoming more ridiculous the past few seasons. And then we watch the scoring and we all start buying into it as "truth"

But then what do I know.

I said this in the other thread but I'm with you. I just don't get it. This show is severly underrated. It just blows my mind. And BAC gets more than they deserve IMO. The fire is great. It really is but besides that and the ballad where is the effect?  I just think it's sad. And as I said in the other thread I am usually not a Cadets fan but I think they are getting the shaft. 

• Like 3

Just now, candymancan said:

I said this in the other thread but I'm with you. I just don't get it. This show is severly underrated. It just blows my mind. And BAC gets more than they deserve IMO. The fire is great. It really is but besides that and the ballad where is the effect?  I just think it's sad. And as I said in the other thread I am usually not a Cadets fan but I think they are getting the shaft. 

it's ok - the show is being (mostly) well received and last year's mostly wasn't - the members seem like they are having a blast

I'm hoping for good off season retention and a corps that's more vet laden next year ready to challenge at the top level again

• Like 3