Cadets 2017

I like the Cadets show this year, that a problem?

Pretty much all of the world class shows actually.

Edited by 20XXMM
  • Like 6

1 hour ago, Shewhois said:

He's not dancing... he's supposed to be beating away the sin and (almost) losing. It may look like dancing however

To me, it looks tacky beyond belief, regardless of what he's supposed to be doing.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, HockeyDad said:

This is a long way of saying, if you don't like it shut up. Stop the "go to the board" whining. People can come on here and voice displeasure with the current state of affairs. P.S.  half-naked Jesus is very much an embarrassment, based on the comments of those around me at the stadium. 

100% wrong. If you have something to say, by all means go ahead. But if you want something to happen, then you have to speak directly to the people who are a position to do something.  Or get involved and start pushing for change from the inside. 

There are things I like and don't like about every single show this year.

But there is only one corps that forces me to deal with whether or not I like the corps director. That is getting really, really old.

I don't care if Cadets ever medals again, but why is it that we have to hear about all kinds of #### that none of us should be privy to on Facebook by the corps director?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MikeRapp said:

There are things I like and don't like about every single show this year.

But there is only one corps that forces me to deal with whether or not I like the corps director. That is getting really, really old.

I don't care if Cadets ever medals again, but why is it that we have to hear about all kinds of #### that none of us should be privy to on Facebook by the corps director?

Perhaps stop following him on Facebook, or don't log onto a Cadets thread where you know many people follow him. There are many people that post stupid sh$t on Facebook. They now have that "unfollow" feature. Ahh, the wonders of modern technology. 

• Like 2

First time Flostream is not so good live. Commericals clear as a bell but from the stadium very fuzzy.:mat:

• Like 1

On 8/6/2017 at 8:10 AM, George Dixon said:

they are 5th in GE - seems high frankly

the performance captions are just killing them - percussion is what it is at this point - too many different judges saying the same thing. The show doesn't feature battery a lot - opener is tiny snippets then back field sacet for Simple Song, then they play, ramming notes and constant movement backfield, you can barely see or hear them - they come up to be quickly featured (no section really moving during their feature, kneeling etc which isn't very effective) and then the go backfield for the remainder of the show, not playing then playing for the big push.  I also don't think the pit uniform helps - it is too sloppy. They need to be in the middle uniform so you can see what they are doing.

All JMO - kids are great

..but a percussion judge shouldn't be judging what the pit is wearing; otherwise nice insightful points.  So basically, compulsories...  In that the battery has to be featured a lot.