SCV 2017 - 50 Years of Class

3 minutes ago, TRacer said:

I meant to add...my son is in his second year at SCVC and they are doing the same physical conditioning regimen the A-corps is doing; it is unlike anything both A or C have ever seen. When he described it to me my first thought was they were trying to convert the kids into super athletes first who happen to play instruments and equipment instead of super musicians and performers who are called upon to do athletic stuff. 

I love SCVC every year......best of luck to your son.  I'm just as excited to see what the Cadets are doing as their big brother. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

In real life, if a snake eats its own tail, that means its environment is super hot, and because snakes are cold-blooded and therefore adapt to their surroundings, it becomes super hungry, eating the first thing(s) it sees, which often ends up being its own tail.

Remember that once we get into the Texas/Southeast part of tour. :)

e1ae5bd7d8484e806318a7bc6ed5cd1f06b8f759

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, TRacer said:

I meant to add...my son is in his second year at SCVC and they are doing the same physical conditioning regimen the A-corps is doing; it is unlike anything both A or C have ever seen. When he described it to me my first thought was they were trying to convert the kids into super athletes first who happen to play instruments and equipment instead of super musicians and performers who are called upon to do athletic stuff. 

Actually, the A corps's physical fitness regimen has been done by the same trainers for the past 2 seasons.

2 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

I love SCVC every year......best of luck to your son.  I'm just as excited to see what the Cadets are doing as their big brother. 

Thanks...the talent level at C is incredible as many of them auditioned for the A corps at SCVs joint camp and a number of returning C members unfortunately did not make the cut it was so competitive, especially in the low brass ranks. 

Maybe the snake theme for A is that they are hungry for a championship? I know the C kids are pedal to the metal (medal) now. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, DrumManTx said:

Thanks...the talent level at C is incredible as many of them auditioned for the A corps at SCVs joint camp and a number of returning C members unfortunately did not make the cut it was so competitive, especially in the low brass ranks. 

Maybe the snake theme for A is that they are hungry for a championship? I know the C kids are pedal to the metal (medal) now. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Shoutout to SCV for introducing me to Ahmin Bhatia back in 2015 with "Virus Attack" and again this year with "Into a Virtual World" which has some awesome potential.  

I love getting introduced to new music.   

I love Bhatia's music. Speaking of which, I FINALLY found a high-quality recording of the section of his "Interstellar Suite" that Crown played in 2014.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cadevilina Crown said:

I love Bhatia's music. Speaking of which, I FINALLY found a high-quality recording of the section of his "Interstellar Suite" that Crown played in 2014.

Oh duh......I forgot he did Interstellar Suite.  

• Like 1