SCV 2017 - 50 Years of Class

Just now, Cleveland1 said:

I dig it. I did love their unis the last few years, but change happens. 

Ive also not been complaining about most uniforms the last few years, therefore im not a hypocrite. ;) 

I think the uniform overall is pretty nice... I think most people are just mad because It's a 50th anniversary season and they thought they would do something more historical

8 minutes ago, ZachDrumCorps said:

I think the uniform overall is pretty nice... I think most people are just mad because It's a 50th anniversary season and they thought they would do something more historical

Oh i feel that, its just SCV rarely does well when they do throwbacks. In 92 scv finished 7th by doing fiddler, the 45th anniversary show Music of the Starry Night included a (seemingly) tacked on Music of the Night at the end of the season that never felt quite right. 

Im glad scv didn't cave into the pressure of doing a "best of scv" show or "phantom of the opera". Instead theyre gunning for a medal and a unique experience for the MMs. 

• Like 3

I'm so bummed, this trend is really going to be hard for me to embrace. Thought Vanguard would be a little bit Traditional. I like identity in Corps, I like what the Cavies did.

Though I love the CG uni. Looks amazing.

Holy crap Vanguard. There was definitely not enough hype for you guys! I don't even care about the uniforms anymore. This show is THE show of 2017. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jeffe77 said:

I like identity in Corps.

I completely concur.  When costiforms go to an extent that the identity of the corps is lost, that's what I find unfortunate.  I think SCV looks OK -- i.e. not gaudy or tacky, etc -- but I just don't see VANGUARD in them.

Cavies and Regiment have done the best job so far in this regard IMO.

• Like 1

Just now, hughesmr said:

I completely concur.  When costiforms go to an extent that the identity of the corps is lost, that's what I find unfortunate.  I think SCV looks OK -- i.e. not gaudy or tacky, etc -- but I just don't see VANGUARD in them.

Cavies and Regiment have done the best job so far in this regard IMO.

Even the Blue Devils to start the show for crying out loud.

7 hours ago, Brass Lover said:

Holy crap Vanguard. There was definitely not enough hype for you guys! I don't even care about the uniforms anymore. This show is THE show of 2017. 

I just watched the periscope.  I think they've announced to the drum corps world that they've had enough of this fourth place crap.   Love the ballsy aggressive brassline. 

• Like 7

I personally think it would have looked better and carried a little tradition if the snake or serpent came over the top right,shoulder down and around at the left hip then back up around the back. With the Star in the traditional location left breast

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, michsta8 said:

I personally think it would have looked better and carried a little tradition if the snake or serpent came over the top right,shoulder down and around at the left hip then back up around the back. With the Star in the traditional location left breast

I like the idea, not sure how good it would look with digital printed material though