Rumors for 2016 you would not have believed

BD winning no captions would have brought out every BD honk who ever posted to this site, and they would have basically called you the biggest fool to ever post to DCP.

Somewhat related would have been crown winning three captions and finishing third.

A solid second would have been Academy placing 10th.

But perhaps the one that would really bring out the haters: Bluecoats wins GE wire to wire, and wins the gold by more than half a point.

That The Academy would repeat the second half surge of 2014.

(2014: The Academy catches and passes three corps between San Antonio and Finals week.

2016: The Academy catches and passes two corps, and threatens a third, between San Antonio and Finals week.)

MikeRapp: Yes, you're correct - a prediction like that would have brought out a lot of "crazy" and "fool" accusations. And then someone would have researched history for how many times BD hasn't won a caption. etc.

Actually, I was surprised BD came back to edge out the win in 2015 - ONLY because coming from an underdog position during finals week is not historically what they do.

BD comes out of the gate strong to establish themselves as the best for the season. It is up to other corps to catch and pass them if they can. BD prefers to operate from the front-runner position.

If BD loses early season, then generally, GENERALLY, that corps retains momentum and a higher placement over them through to finals. I think Bc's momentum and strength of creativity was evident from the outset. The first time I saw BD's show I thought it was great - intense, battery was on fire. I figured it'd be a battle, but Bc would win in the end.

I was completely surprised by Crown's caption wins while at the same time placing 3rd. I thought for sure they had snatched 1st. Then I thought maybe BD could win if they placed second in all captions...with the others trading captions, a certain combination could have resulted in BD winning.

Anyway - the score announcements were exciting for us fans. For the record, I hated despised not seeing sub-caption level recaps.

Unfortunately, I suppose due to increasing age, I am responding more often with ambivalence.

Someone once called me ambivalent. I said, "whatever."

MikeRapp: Yes, you're correct - a prediction like that would have brought out a lot of "crazy" and "fool" accusations. And then someone would have researched history for how many times BD hasn't won a caption. etc.

Actually, I was surprised BD came back to edge out the win in 2015 - ONLY because coming from an underdog position during finals week is not historically what they do.

BD comes out of the gate strong to establish themselves as the best for the season. It is up to other corps to catch and pass them if they can. BD prefers to operate from the front-runner position.

If BD loses early season, then generally, GENERALLY, that corps retains momentum and a higher placement over them through to finals. I think Bc's momentum and strength of creativity was evident from the outset. The first time I saw BD's show I thought it was great - intense, battery was on fire. I figured it'd be a battle, but Bc would win in the end.

I was completely surprised by Crown's caption wins while at the same time placing 3rd. I thought for sure they had snatched 1st. Then I thought maybe BD could win if they placed second in all captions...with the others trading captions, a certain combination could have resulted in BD winning.

Anyway - the score announcements were exciting for us fans. For the record, I hated despised not seeing sub-caption level recaps.

Unfortunately, I suppose due to increasing age, I am responding more often with ambivalence.

Someone once called me ambivalent. I said, "whatever."

When Crown's caption wins were announced, I was sure they finished second and BD finished third. Didn't think Crown could overtake Bluecoats because I figured BC would win GE by too large a margin.

That BD would win none of the major contests (San Antonio, Atlanta, Allentown)* and NO captions at Finals.

* O.K., they were rained out at Minneapolis, but not everyone was there either.

Edited by xandandl

A Lucas Oil Stadium security employee would deck a corps staff member.

Tried to, anyway. That video is something else.
  • Like 1

BD winning no captions would have brought out every BD honk who ever posted to this site, and they would have basically called you the biggest fool to ever post to DCP.

Somewhat related would have been crown winning three captions and finishing third.

A solid second would have been Academy placing 10th.

But perhaps the one that would really bring out the haters: Bluecoats wins GE wire to wire, and wins the gold by more than half a point.

Ha; I think many non-BD fans who are DCI enthusiasts enough to know history, would've scoffed that that one. Heck, I'm definitely not a BD-honk, but even I likely would've rolled my eyes at that prediction!

Even a few weeks later it seems crazy!!