Rumors for 2016 you would not have believed

" I predict the corps with the highest score will win "

stealin' reams thunder?..LOL

• Like 1

Seriously, BD winning no captions at Finals. Who on EARTH would have believed that, preseason...

Some non-finalist love:

Honestly, given Pioneer's last ten years of shows or so, if someone would have posted: "No spoilers, but Pio has a ballad this year that is going to go down as one of the great moments of 2016", I would have thought, yea, yea, I'll believe it when I see it. But WOW that Joan of Arc burning at the stake moment...whew. Incredible.

If someone would have said, "Cascades will continue their solid growth and be solidly in Semis this year, at least three or four slots from the cutoff", I would have been excited to hear good things were happening, but skeptical that it was preseason hype. And they ended the season, clumped with the 15-19 World Class corps rather than having any battle with an Open Class corps to getting into Semis. Can't wait to see where this group goes.

As a fun note, if someone had hyped Oregon Crusaders preseason and mentioned that they were going to use whips and trees and Bjork and Queen and digitally-printed tree uniforms....I totally would have bought it, because that corps is redefining what the 15-20 place corps can do or can't do, and as soon as they clean these shows up (start earlier, plz??), they're our next new finalist.

As a vocal opponent of original music scores on the football field, if someone would have mentioned that Mandarins would move UP in placements and break their highest score ever, TWICE during Finals week, with an original Key Poulin show (ugh), I would have balked at that idea. But, there they were, being incredible in both Prelims & Semis, EARNING those 81s. With Key Poulin music. So, hats off to the Mandarins. I saw the preseason show announcement and thought, "eh, last season was probably lightning in a bottle, this looks like more of the same". Man am I happily eating some tasty crow now.

Which one of us....ANY of us....would have believed preseason that Colts would end up BEHIND Blue Devils B???? Put your hands down, you're all liars. And it was a well-earned BDB 15th place, too.

I don't care what anyone says, no one called Boston & Scouts fighting for the 12th place spot on Friday. No one. That would have been hard to believe preseason.

And, Academy, of course : )

• Like 1

stealin' reams thunder?..LOL

Imitation is the highest form of flattery, Liahona ( lol!)

• Like 1

The malicious ones need to stop.

I agree. But attempting to stop rumors... of any kind... on the internet, is as impossible to stop as snowfall in the Mattahorn.

Honestly, there are predictions I wouldn't have believed (e.g. Madison not making finals), but I don't know if there are rumors I wouldn't have believed.

If I had heard advance rumors of what Bluecoats did, I would have believed them because they are known for innovation.

Truth ultimately prevails..

The good guys always win in the end.

Multiple deaths in shows this season, except in the one show where they WANT to shoot the bad guy.

• Like 1