The Cavaliers 2017

I talked to a friend (who's not in drum corps but has heard this from someone) that Cavaliers members don't like being called "Cavies." Is that true? 

20 minutes ago, ripchops said:

I talked to a friend (who's not in drum corps but has heard this from someone) that Cavaliers members don't like being called "Cavies." Is that true? 

What's a Cavie? 

4 minutes ago, Iloveband said:

What's a Cavie? 

I thought a lot of people for short said Cavies instead of Cavaliers as a nickname. He said they don't like it 

Just now, ripchops said:

I thought a lot of people for short said Cavies instead of Cavaliers as a nickname. He said they don't like it 

Just Joshin you. Some current and fmm believe it's disrespectful. Some others don't seem to mind. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Oops.  I do this a lot, just did it as a shorthand for Cavaliers.

Yeah that's what I'd use it as, never meant to disrespect anyone :unsure:

5 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

Well then it's Cavaliers from now on.   I certainly love the Cavaliers.  

Nice score tonight, keep pushing. Love the show this year!   

You're fine. The men of The Cavaliers just want our support! They're off to a great start! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ripchops said:

It is an old school thing that is still prevalent today. I know I don't really like to be called a Cavie, but I just appreciate that people even know what drum corps is and on top of that The Cavaliers.

It's mostly just seen as childish, e.g. mommy is to mother. A term that has fully been embraced by the corps has been Cavs. It reminds me of being the mom to mother and not mommy.

• Like 2