The Cavaliers 2017

19 minutes ago, DrumManTx said:

I'm calling it now.  

This show will be awesome.  

:p

But seriously.  I love every single thing I'm hearing about this show. "My Way" is the oddball but that's why I think how they implement it is going to be amazing.  

Can't wait!  

my way and sun's gone dim are the highlights for me

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Cappybara said:

1. Their video production team is killing it. That artwork going on in the background is gorgeous 

2. Looks like Crown and Cavies are doing their best BD impression of fitting a million pieces into one show 

3. Lots of familiar pieces that have been done by other corps in the past 4-5 years, will be interesting to see how big of a part those particular pieces will be in the show 

Very true on point number 3, Chris Lugo mentioned to us Alumni that the pieces will be interwoven together. So I'm thinking they will be recognizable but not resembling the same use of those pieces by Crown, Cadets, etc.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, awertt said:

:innocent:

Yeah I had to keep my mouth shut because he was definitely right.

6 minutes ago, The Greens said:

OMG Really?! :laugh:

I helped a buddy make the corps. He asked me for some advice on his first video assignment; like is the mic placement correct and if it was I had done in the past. I could tell that the musescore post sounded like fanfare and sounded like what he had played.

1 hour ago, littlejaw said:

Very true on point number 3, Chris Lugo mentioned to us Alumni that the pieces will be interwoven together. So I'm thinking they will be recognizable but not resembling the same use of those pieces by Crown, Cadets, etc.

Yea, what I've heard is definitely a blend of things interwoven, rather well too!

So...

...I really hope I'm wrong about this...

...but a little bit of this (mostly in terms of the eclectic-ness of the musical selections) is giving me a smidgen of a hint of a vibe like...2012.

I think it's mostly "My Way" that's throwing me.

Here's hoping I'm very, very wrong. Last year's Cavies show was the best reinvention of a corps I've seen since I started following the activity (I have a whole theory about how they killed the Green Machine last year to reinvent the corps, but that's neither here nor there).

14 minutes ago, ftwdrummer said:

So...

...I really hope I'm wrong about this...

...but a little bit of this (mostly in terms of the eclectic-ness of the musical selections) is giving me a smidgen of a hint of a vibe like...2012.

I think it's mostly "My Way" that's throwing me.

Here's hoping I'm very, very wrong. Last year's Cavies show was the best reinvention of a corps I've seen since I started following the activity (I have a whole theory about how they killed the Green Machine last year to reinvent the corps, but that's neither here nor there).

As a member of 12, this show is nothing like that one.

• Like 2