Carolina Crown 2017

8 hours ago, Tacited said:

Based on the music and the drill and the uniform for Crown, I'd say think of 2013. :whistle:

So they are going to finish 85th place in drums on Finals night again?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lead said:

well the poster obviously has a copy of the full drill.  (he should PM it to me!)  otherwise there wasn't a lot of drill on the field last camp.  and the drill in the opener probably won't look like the drill in the closer -- by design.   so....

musically?  meh --  it's not much like EOTB (which was a substantial part of '13).  

anyway -- if the drums are a mess -- they are in BIG trouble this year.  fortunately that doesn't seem to be case (so far at least). 

it's going to be a very interesting year. 

Edited by corpsband
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Lead said:

That would be quite an accomplishment given the number of corps in prelims.

19 minutes ago, corpsband said:

Lafayette as in Lafayette in Lexington, Ky or Lafayette in Louisiana? Because I'm like, 30 minutes from Lafayette and the guy looks familiar. Lol.

23 minutes ago, UKSuperman said:

Lafayette as in Lafayette in Lexington, Ky or Lafayette in Louisiana? Because I'm like, 30 minutes from Lafayette and the guy looks familiar. Lol.

pm

Edited by corpsband

On 5/5/2017 at 1:12 PM, corpsband said:

well the poster obviously has a copy of the full drill.  (he should PM it to me!)  otherwise there wasn't a lot of drill on the field last camp.  and the drill in the opener probably won't look like the drill in the closer -- by design.   so....

musically?  meh --  it's not much like EOTB (which was a substantial part of '13).  

anyway -- if the drums are a mess -- they are in BIG trouble this year.  fortunately that doesn't seem to be case (so far at least). 

it's going to be a very interesting year. 

Well I for one am very excited to see crown 2017. With the returning brass team, some very solid guard/movement folks and some guy who is new to them who I've heard can write some darn good drill.... I have a feeling they are going to be very very good!

• Like 1

If there is one place the corps could potentially struggle this year it might be from a thematic standpoint -  though this might be a moot point because my info on the show theme came from much earlier in the winter, and lord knows its probably changed. This years theme is not as straight forward as recent years. As for the drums - they're where they should be at this point in the season. They have a lot of book to learn with plenty of time to learn and clean as they move in a week before the rest of the corps.

Edited by Newseditor44