Carolina Crown 2017

Any word on when to expect a show announcement from these guys?

2 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

If there is one place the corps could potentially struggle this year it might be from a thematic standpoint -  though this might be a moot point because my info on the show theme came from much earlier in the winter, and lord knows its probably changed. This years theme is not as straight forward as recent years. As for the drums - they're where they should be at this point in the season. They have a lot of book to learn with plenty of time to learn and clean as they move in a week before the rest of the corps.

I'm not so much concerned as curious.  I can imagine a number of ways to go at the concept.  Perhaps that's where your concern is rooted?  I have a pretty solid guess about the particular angle they might pursue and I'm patiently waiting to see if I'm close to the mark.   

The great "unknown" if you will  are all the production elements we just have no clue about (set design, staging, costuming :ninja: , color palette, etc...)   And that's pretty normal -- we don't get to see visual until things hit the field.  The fundamental theme makes it pretty simple to understand;  getting from X➾Y won't be a challenge for the viewer.

23 minutes ago, corpsband said:

I'm not so much concerned as curious.  I can imagine a number of ways to go at the concept.  Perhaps that's where your concern is rooted?  I have a pretty solid guess about the particular angle they might pursue and I'm patiently waiting to see if I'm close to the mark.   

The great "unknown" if you will  are all the production elements we just have no clue about (set design, staging, costuming :ninja: , color palette, etc...)   And that's pretty normal -- we don't get to see visual until things hit the field.  The fundamental theme makes it pretty simple to understand;  getting from X➾Y won't be a challenge for the viewer.

All of the above - my mind is going absolutely nuts trying to put the pieces together. Last year was easy, it all fell into place once I saw the first rehearsal. The music is awesome... Can it be late June already???

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Newseditor44 said:

They're usually fairly consistent as to when they release the show - generally late may to early June. 

If I look back on last years emails.. On May 13th they announced their show to those who donated to their fundraiser. On April 7th of 2016 they started that campaign. As of today. I have not seen any type of campaign/fundraiser geared toward announcing their 2017 show. So I would assume, much like Bluecoats did last year, they are going to be hush hush till mid June. I may be wrong but who knows. =)

28 minutes ago, Highwaydude said:

If I look back on last years emails.. On May 13th they announced their show to those who donated to their fundraiser. On April 7th of 2016 they started that campaign. As of today. I have not seen any type of campaign/fundraiser geared toward announcing their 2017 show. So I would assume, much like Bluecoats did last year, they are going to be hush hush till mid June. I may be wrong but who knows. =)

Fundraising guy is back from Crown now at Cadets who are doing exactly this campaign.

Edited by xandandl

2 minutes ago, xandandl said:

mentioned him a total of 3 times in 30 days; that's about .0000000001 compared to your fried egg posts.

Home run reply... lol!