Carolina Crown 2017

19 minutes ago, crownisking said:

FWIW, I will gladly eat crow and fully accept whatever grief that should come my way if I'm wrong. I won't mind being taken to task for being a Negative Norman if it means the design team knew what they were doing all along and the show is a success.

You didn't slam them, just gave an observation midway through ST. I laugh when people 2 weeks into ST rave about how amazing a corps is. It's just too early. I saw Cadets and loved the ideas/design I saw but it's in a very "raw" form.

I have candy to give as well! A good 8-minute chunk of it.

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 1

Ah just in time for some free candy please and thank you

Can I have some more, please? 

The ballad is giving me a Troopers 2015 vibe and I want to like it but I'm just not sure. Hopefully a completed product will sell better. 

• Like 1

This show is so much like 2013 at this point, and I'm incredibly excited about that. The brass book is nuts, the guard have some really cool things going on along with already incredible flag work, battery is cookin, and the closer is going to be nuts. It's very loose right now, but go back and watch the first run of E=MC2 and you'll see it was basically a mess at this point of the season design wise. The bones are there, I can't wait to see where they take this.

I feel like the past 3 years were heavily themed shows (Space, Hell, Western), but this is more of a concept/story show, which gives them a lot more freedom to work within and showcase the member's talent. Crown is at their best when they're doing conceptual stories (2009, 2013) IMO, and I get that feeling from this show so far. 

Edited by defeldus2
  • Like 2