Carolina Crown 2017

That horn book is thick.  Double tongue nightmare.  Wow I can't wait until it's clean.

Nah I'm not recording. I wanna savor it. I'm just gonna take pics of props and unis and stuff.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MidWAmericanArts said:

Well, not to be that guy, but since I'm sure it'll be taken down in the coming hours... YouTube.

Don't beat yourself up. It was bound to come out one way or another. 

4 minutes ago, btown50 said:

Don't beat yourself up. It was bound to come out one way or another. 

Oh, I wasn't the one who recorded. I just found it while searching on YouTube. Glad I got to see it, but not looking forward to another Crown FB response.

Hmmmm,

It seems to be coming together.

I understand the previous comments of a "Blue Devils Feel".  Definitely a different look and sound from Crown!

A lot going on with the colorguard... I'm sure that will get cleaner as well.

I've gone from "Eh-Eh" to "Okay, I can see it now" .... LOL

Edited by bvgordy

Well, that sounds like a Matt Harloff-taught hornline alright. They sound fantastic. 

So genuine question here, why do Klesch's arrangements for Crown differ so much from The Academy? I understand there's a difference in the talent level between the two corps.. but why is the style so insanely different? 

In this Youtube recording I just listened to, apart from the first 1:30 and the ballad (which is gorgeous btw), there was little melody whatsoever. Lots of technical writing that shows off the impressive talent of the corps and the amazing organ-like sound they produce... but the rest just kinda falls flat because they're playing a ton of notes and it doesn't feel like it's going anywhere. By contrast, Academy's show last season was so melodical and any technical passages didn't feel overdone. 

Idk, it's a very early recording, there's a good chance many things will be tweaked, but I feel a bit disappointed because I really want to enjoy it, but am finding a hard time doing so. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ashevillemurphy said:

Clear? ... open top? ...Plume/feathers?

See through...