Carolina Crown 2017

6 minutes ago, DasTuba said:

I really like the Cavies show, Cadets show not so much, but I don't see that happening at all this year. I think Cavies are locked in at 5th this year imo. 

You heard it first here, folks! The season's locked in already

Edited by Cappybara
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, DasTuba said:

I did state it was my opinion, relax there Cappy :)

Locked. In. Book. It.

Just saw the latest incarnartion of this show and design wise, it is 1000x better than what I witnessed in Indy on the first day of the season. Less singing in both the ballad and the last piece. I actually feel like the show seems to make sense. Don’t know why but this show reminds me a lot of 2005 Cadets. Also, there’s a new closer where they reprise Fugue and end it in classic Drum Corps style

• Like 7

24 minutes ago, DrumCorpsForever said:

Just saw the latest incarnartion of this show and design wise, it is 1000x better than what I witnessed in Indy on the first day of the season. Less singing in both the ballad and the last piece. I actually feel like the show seems to make sense. Don’t know why but this show reminds me a lot of 2005 Cadets. Also, there’s a new closer where they reprise Fugue and end it in classic Drum Corps style

Good news!

Let's hear that brass rip!

• Like 2

I attended ensemble today and crown has improved a lot since the premier show. The new ending makes the show come to an end more naturally as they go back to little fugue in g minor.  I also like that they cut portions of the singer's contributions and added some new props. It is definitely better but not where it needs to be to win.  I'm optimistic with the new staff as they are making adjustments all over the show, which shows that they realize the need to pivot. Not sure where all this goes but time will tell.

• Like 1

Wow they are MOVING at the end. Love the changes in the ballad too. Hope they keep exploring and finding more ways to incorporate the vertical movement into the show.

GO CROWN! This closer is intense! Last two minutes of the show is ridiculous. Good luck and have fun guys!

• Like 1