Carolina Crown 2017

Crown worked the opener heavily today in ensemble, there is some insane visual demand and musical timing in that piece.

Got to hear the ballad and closer with no electronics and the show was completely different. Ballad could be rewritten for brass but that closer definitely requires the voice to work.

Speaking of the closer, that thing is an absolute monster and if they keep executing there is no doubt they can carry this show all the way. In fact, if captions fell same as last year I would bet on it. Biggest caption change is of course guard, but I expect they'll still be high, and with a bump in percussion scores they could definitely make a run. Brass and visual is every bit as good as last year, GE has lots of room to grow. 

• Like 3

"It is" a monster of a show. Hell of a job tonight, Crown and co.

• Like 4

I'm very happy I get to see the home team a few times this season! Southern California is a wonderful place to live. The one exception is the lack of Crown! Great season so far!

• Like 2

Just now, DasTuba said:

Says media could not be played?

hmm...  its an awesome video.. let me try again. 

6 minutes ago, Highwaydude said:

Yaaasssss Crown! I want the crowd so bad to yell "I know you!" So so bad...

Just now, wigwam said:

So is this the "placeholder" ending others are talking about or is it the real thing??

A few things will be changed but it's the base of the real ending. The "I Know You" scream will be there in the final product from what I've been informed. 

• Like 1

Just now, wigwam said:

So is this the "placeholder" ending others are talking about or is it the real thing??

I'm not sure about it but a small, filled in crown like the one they did in 2009 would be really cool.

• Like 2