Carolina Crown 2017

Agree with what others have said--this show has come so far!  I mean, the ballad alone has gone from cringe-worthy to one of the better moments of the season (IMO and for me personally, of course!). Great work on this show, Crown!  Excited to see the finishing touches in Indy. 

I will also say the vocal soloist has been given a very unfair rap by certain posters. The young lady has some serious chops! 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Jurassic Lancer said:

I will also say the vocal soloist has been given a very unfair rap by certain posters. The young lady has some serious chops! 

She is a very talented vocalist. It's not her it's the principle of featuring a vocalist for the majority of the program.

I saw Crown live (front and center) for the first time tonight.  They were SO good live (vocalist included) that I completely forgot about the fact that I didn't like the show design. 

I could watch this show live 1000 times and never get sick of it...but I will probably not revisit it when the season is over.

• Like 4

Just got home from Massillon, what a wonderful performance tonight Crown! My oh my y'all have come a long way since June. My seatbelt is fastened and I'm along for the ride in Indy. Make some noise in Indy Crown!!!!

P.S. I'm in love with this brass yet again. Just an absolute jaw dropping performance. Can't wait to hear it again live on Saturday!

• Like 5

Crown should be super proud. This is truly a champion corps across the board and I can't wait to cheer them on all three nights. Push hard, you have no ceiling. 

• Like 5

16 hours ago, Just Here said:

I don't mind outside the norm at all. I think I was looking for them to be musically deconstructive more than they actually doing. I think a better title of the show would have been "Something Different."

Maybe next year the title could be "Something Different - Part Duh"

Interesting observation you make about layering and changes.   

Check out this quote taken directly from Crown's show announcement.  (Link provided as well). They have done exactly what they said they'd do!

" In creating an “art installation” of sorts, the design will continually explore the flexibility to evolve in many layers"

http://www.carolinacrown.org/index.php/connect/latest-news/178-2017-crown-show-announcement

• Like 2

1 hour ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Interesting observation you make about layering and changes.   

Check out this quote taken directly from Crown's show announcement.  (Link provided as well). They have done exactly what they said they'd do!

" In creating an “art installation” of sorts, the design will continually explore the flexibility to evolve in many layers"

http://www.carolinacrown.org/index.php/connect/latest-news/178-2017-crown-show-announcement

To add on to this, I just watched the excerpt from the MRT with their show designers Rick Subel and David Starnes and they mentioned how it is very likely that we will continue to see changes even up to Saturday. Also, they mentioned how one of the core ideas of the show is how it's supposed to be open ended. David stated that he believes it's one of the first drum corps shows where the audience can take their opinions on the design how they want rather and interpreting it how the designers would want you to. It makes sense as it relates to the show title and also as to why there are so many musical and visual ideas going on. 

Now for my own opinion, I've loved the show since Nation Ford and I've kept loving it more since. I really hope they can close that gap with SCV because another silver medal would be an amazing end to an amazing season. Best of luck Crown!

• Like 8

Please let us know on the any new changes as they come about this week... always interested in how things evolve and particularly if any of these can grab some Visual/GE points.  

• Like 1

Crown:  thank you once again for making the DCI Tour memorable year after year.

"It is" a  "Relentless" "Inferno" and just "Out of This World" . "E=MC2" was for " The Common Good" but also remember your a "Rach Star" that was given "A Sec2nd Chance" and "The Grass is Always Greener" on the other side.  Now its time to "Finis" and race to win the "Triple Crown".

Sorry guys, too many Jumbles and Mad Libs, couldnt resist.

• Like 8