Carolina Crown 2017

23 minutes ago, general_tsos_chicken2 said:

scv percussion 2011

How many members left to go to SCV?   I notice you say "percussion" so that would be front ensemble and battery combined?  I sort of think of those as two sections but I guess you can toss them all in to one.

15 minutes ago, imcbdit said:

How many members left to go to SCV?   I notice you say "percussion" so that would be front ensemble and battery combined?  I sort of think of those as two sections but I guess you can toss them all in to one.

I'm not sure how many members exactly, just that no vets in percussion came back to phantom in 2011, and the ones that marched went to scv with rennick. There was quite a bit of them. 

3 hours ago, imcbdit said:

Have that many members in a single section ever followed their staff to another corps? 

Many followed from Phantom to SCV when percussion staff moved. I thought I recall like 10 drummers. 

2 hours ago, general_tsos_chicken2 said:

I'm not sure how many members exactly, just that no vets in percussion came back to phantom in 2011, and the ones that marched went to scv with rennick. There was quite a bit of them. 

5 minutes ago, Tobias said:

Many followed from Phantom to SCV when percussion staff moved. I thought I recall like 10 drummers. 

So with 13 returning vets it appears Crown did a little better than Phantom?  Amazing to me that those vets were willing take that risk. 

8 minutes ago, imcbdit said:

So with 13 returning vets it appears Crown did a little better than Phantom?  Amazing to me that those vets were willing take that risk. 

Crown has a great guard program. They'll be top 3-4 I'm sure. 

40 minutes ago, imcbdit said:

I wouldn't say they're taking a risk. Half the staff is Crown Alumni and a few have worked with crown before. They vets have faith in the program and the drive to keep the excellence that has become CrownGuard.

1 hour ago, Tobias said:

Crown has a great guard program. They'll be top 3-4 I'm sure. 

49 minutes ago, Flguardman said:

I wouldn't say they're taking a risk. Half the staff is Crown Alumni and a few have worked with crown before. They vets have faith in the program and the drive to keep the excellence that has become CrownGuard.

Sorry I was not clear;  I meant the Crown guard vets who moved to Boston.  Crown has a track record and Boston has a "plan".   There have been many plans in drum corps over the years.  Some worked better than others.  I do have to agree that on paper Boston looks in great shape for the future.  But how long will it take those vets (who I believe won the high guard award last season) to get back into "contention"?  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, imcbdit said:

Sorry I was not clear;  I meant the Crown guard vets who moved to Boston.  Crown has a track record and Boston has a "plan".   There have been many plans in drum corps over the years.  Some worked better than others.  I do have to agree that on paper Boston looks in great shape for the future.  But how long will it take those vets (who I believe won the high guard award last season) to get back into "contention"?  

Ahh ok! Yeah time will only tell, I know 3 of them it is their last yr.

1 hour ago, imcbdit said:

We know it takes 2-3 seasons to develop the captions and to gain the approval of the judges. Look how great Crown has been since 2007 and they didn't win until 2013 and certainly weren't given the benefit of the doubt in 2010 or 2011 which they were great and placed 4th or 5th (don't feel like looking up). 

12 hours ago, Tobias said:

We know it takes 2-3 seasons to develop the captions and to gain the approval of the judges. Look how great Crown has been since 2007 and they didn't win until 2013 and certainly weren't given the benefit of the doubt in 2010 or 2011 which they were great and placed 4th or 5th (don't feel like looking up). 

4th place both of those years, after having taken 2nd in 2009