Carolina Crown 2017

11 minutes ago, DasTuba said:

I may or may not be there at UD for rehearsal. Depends on work.

Well perhaps I'll see ya then!

• Like 1

This is my favorite show of the summer. I can't wait to see how they finish the closer.

• Like 6

Someone has been transcribing the Crown show from this year and they've actually been doing a spectacular job at it. Today he updated the score and "Added up to ACTUAL end of closer" in their words. Turns out they added the last little bit of the closer that if I'm correct hasn't been performed to the general public outside of rehearsal. I'm not sure where they could have gotten the last bit of music unless they were actually there themselves. Does anyone know if there's public access to this music or if they just happen to have footage from rehearsal? Either way this is weird. (Skip to measure 337 for the ending tag).

https://musescore.com/themtcrew/scores/4127276

33 minutes ago, turntpapa said:

Someone has been transcribing the Crown show from this year and they've actually been doing a spectacular job at it. Today he updated the score and "Added up to ACTUAL end of closer" in their words. Turns out they added the last little bit of the closer that if I'm correct hasn't been performed to the general public outside of rehearsal. I'm not sure where they could have gotten the last bit of music unless they were actually there themselves. Does anyone know if there's public access to this music or if they just happen to have footage from rehearsal? Either way this is weird. (Skip to measure 337 for the ending tag).

https://musescore.com/themtcrew/scores/4127276

There was a standstill recording of this that was made a while ago and it made it's way around. I'll bet he studied that and or has inside info :)

1 hour ago, Zerix said:

There was a standstill recording of this that was made a while ago and it made it's way around. I'll bet he studied that and or has inside info :)

Hm okay thanks

I really enjoyed this years show Live, but everything after the ballad just seems a little "out there" for lack of a better term. It's impressive, but I tend to say this often, this is drum corps. This is not a broadway musical. I think this show will get in the top 5 at finals without a doubt in my mind. The first performance they had, they were prepared for. I got to see them practice live and I can say that they are definitely going to go places this year.

posted from the DrumScorps app

8 hours ago, grh_20 said:

I really enjoyed this years show Live, but everything after the ballad just seems a little "out there" for lack of a better term.

posted from the DrumScorps app

When you nail the description of what they are going for but don't get it :35_thinking:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, wilme861 said:

When you nail the description of what they are going for but don't get it :35_thinking:

Yup. The whole point is something new for Crown. It's something unlike anything they've done before.. and that's not a bad thing. It's only July 1st. There's a lot of season left for layering and improvement.

Ok guys, so after the premier I became very skeptical of Crown (even leading up to a certain extent).  I am glad to see theyre picking up speed relatively quickly.  The video Hornline Fanatic put up, made me a believer.  I definitely think we are looking at an Ott contender, and if they clean up the show enough design wise, a ring contender.  Im so blown away on what Harloff and Klesch have done this year.  Great, great stuff.

• Like 7

I know I'm being redundant here, but I am all on-board with this show, and I think many people who had concerns will also come around. This horn line is the best since 2013, and maybe better. To sound this good, this early in the season is unbelievable. Also, after listening many time to "No one to kNow one", and how the song deconstructs at the end, I have a feeling Crown may do something really chaotic. I really can't wait to see how it progresses.

Finally, I had to remind myself that DCI isn't just about the scores. All the kids work their tails off, and there is something to like about every show. And for me, this show is my favorite this season. (And if anyone cares, SCV is my second fave so far).

Cheers to all!

• Like 2