Carolina Crown 2017

11 minutes ago, BoaDci said:

SCV and Bloo are both incredible, but I dont really think they are anywhere near BD and Crown in brass.  I know thats an unpopular opinion.  Percussion though...

SCV beat BD last week in brass...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BoaDci said:

I blame visual difficulty, which plays a sizeable factor into the score (Cadets 2015)

SCV has higher difficulty than BD, imho.

Edited by jjeffeory
  • Like 2

Sorry, my opinion is that SCV is in the discussion with BD and Crown for brass.  Bluecoats are up there too.

They all have their signature sounds for sure.

• Like 2

Just now, BoaDci said:

Visually or musically?

Visually. On par musically.

Listen to all the parts that SCV is playing while they're performing that show.  Lots of runs, interval listening responsibilities, high notes, variety, et cetera.

They're up there, and they're performing it pretty darned well.

• Like 1

Just my opinion after listening to them live and seeing what they're achieving already.

• Like 1

Just now, jjeffeory said:

Visually. On par musically.

Listen to all the parts that SCV is playing while they're performing that show.  Lots of runs, interval listening responsibilities, high notes, variety, et cetera.

They're up there, and they're performing it pretty darned well.

Visually I agree, music isnt quite there, I mean, its close, but BD just has that shock and awe with their brass.  SCV is great, but Bumblebee just impresses me way more.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, jjeffeory said:

Just my opinion after listening to them live and seeing what they're achieving already.

To be fair (and honest) havent seen either of them live.  Gonna have to wait until finals.

• Like 1

Just now, BoaDci said:

Visually I agree, music isnt quite there, I mean, its close, but BD just has that shock and awe with their brass.  SCV is great, but Bumblebee just impresses me way more.

It's cool. We disagree, and that's fine by me. I certainly see your point.

Bumblebee is pretty much scales. It's impressive, but SCV's music in the opener is more my cup of tea.  SCV is also extremely powerful sounding.

BD is impressive with their ballad and Crystal for me.

I'll get to see them live again tomorrow and maybe I'll change my mind, but this is a special year for SCV. The design is stellar from top to bottom.

• Like 1