Carolina Crown 2017

3 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Crown up to 76.5 tonight, but the Cadets are only .9 behind, so I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

Good thing for Cadets fans :thumbs-up:

However I honestly enjoy crown's show, even if the singing can be a LITTLE too much. I really hope this show is a monster by the end of the season, and it most certainly can be.

Edited by kinetic inferno11
  • Like 5

6 minutes ago, kinetic inferno11 said:

Good thing for Cadets fans :thumbs-up:

However I honestly enjoy crown's show, even if the singing can be a LITTLE too much. I really hope this show is a monster by the end of the season, and it most certainly can be.

It will be interesting to see where they go with this. I don't think we'll see the finished product until they get to Winston-Salem for the home show. Until then, hang on!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Newseditor44 said:

Crown up to 76.5 tonight, but the Cadets are only .9 behind, so I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

They're 1.1 behind

Home team bringing back first place! Good job, guys!

5 minutes ago, henry7184 said:

They really need to massively cut the vocals. The show just goes downhill beginning with the ballad. I just don't understand that choice. The first half is great.

It's very true to their source music. Border line copied and pasted really. That said, I think any and all criticism should be placed on the design team, not the performers. The original song works for what it is, but makes for absolutely trash drum corps. Its a percussion ensemble piece and the brass really does seem an afterthought. Really unfortunate as this low brass line has SERIOUS beef going for them. Dark sonorous sounds being covered by """""art""""""

• Like 7

1 minute ago, THeShadeOfNight said:

It's very true to their source music. Border line copied and pasted really. That said, I think any and all criticism should be placed on the design team, not the performers. The original song works for what it is, but makes for absolutely trash drum corps. Its a percussion ensemble piece and the brass really does seem an afterthought. Really unfortunate as this low brass line has SERIOUS beef going for them. Dark sonorous sounds being covered by """""art""""""

Absolutely. 100% on the designers. It's a poor choice, IMO, and I don't understand the thought process behind making that decision. I've been a HUGE Crown fan since 2006, and this is my least favorite Crown show. The excessive vocals just ruin it for me. When you have arguably the best brass line in DCI, why make them a supporting ensemble. Doesn't make any sense to me. I hope they make changes before it's too late. Cadets show is magnificent and they are closing the gap.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, henry7184 said:

Absolutely. 100% on the designers. It's a poor choice, IMO, and I don't understand the thought process behind making that decision. I've been a HUGE Crown fan since 2006, and this is my least favorite Crown show. The excessive vocals just ruin it for me. When you have arguably the best brass line in DCI, why make them a supporting ensemble. Doesn't make any sense to me. I hope they make changes before it's too late. Cadets show is magnificent and they are closing the gap.

Hang in there.  Crown has ONLY 3 shows between now and July 14th.   PLENTY of rehearsal days to make the changes that I am sure they'll know to make.  Crown has always demonstrated having an excellent team to do what needs to be done.    I'm confident this year will be no different.   I still think this show is going to surprsse many naysayers before all is said and done.

• Like 4