Carolina Crown 2017

17 minutes ago, UKSuperman said:

I'm not sure if my post got misconstrued or not. I certainly wasn't putting them down, but rather praising them. This is an all knew design team, but I have no doubt in my mind, they know what they're doing. This show isn't my favorite Crown, but it definitely isn't my least favorite either.

I've also got tickets to DCI NKY so I will definitely be seeing them live, providing the weather cooperates. Lol. 

I was praising them to and it's not my favorite Crown show either, at least not yet. I'm just saying when you see them live they are pretty #### good. I hope you have good weather and let me know what you think after you see them

I just watched a Periscope of today's rehearsal. They did a lot of work on For Good to start. It sounds like the vocalist drops out at Like a Comet and then she comes back in at Who can say. It could be that I am not picking it up on the feed but I have heard that twice now. If she is not going to sing it then maybe they should have mellos pick it up until she comes back in so you don't lose the melody. 

They did extensive work on No one to know as well. Some were saying they cut vocal on it but it sounds like the same amount of vocal based on today's run through. 

Follow Carolina Crown on Periscope. There is no avatar picture but it is the legit scope for Crown. Roxy did a great job hosting. 

Edited by higher faster stronger
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, higher faster stronger said:

I just watched a Periscope of today's rehearsal. They did a lot of work on For Good to start. It sounds like the vocalist drops out at Like a Comet and then she comes back in at Who can say. If could be that I am not picking it up on the feed but I have heard that twice now. If she is not going to sing it then maybe they should have mellos pick it up until she comes back in so you don't lose the melody. 

They did extensive work on No one to know as well. Some were saying they cut vocal on it but it sounds like the same amount of vocal based on today's run through. 

Follow Carolina Crown on Periscope. There is no avatar picture but it is the legit scope for Crown. Roxy did a great job hosting. 

Roxy always does a great job!

• Like 1

I'm about as big a crown fan as you can be. This isn't my favorite show from them but I do like it and I do think it's starting to come together more. I LOVE this low brass section, they're pumping out some monstrous sound. They shook my seat in Muncie during the opener. 

I have faith the show will come together, they seem to be taking the necessary steps to make that happen. I do NOT think they should completely the vocals, cut it back a little sure, but I like that they are staying true to the source music and think the singer is doing a wonderful job with what she's been given.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 2000Cadet said:

Don't care what anyone says. I love Crown's show. 

I agree, it's not 2015 or 2012 for me, at least not yet. I think it has absolutely has the potential to be!

• Like 1

Wow the changes in the ballad make a world of difference. Now its more of a back and forth between the brass and her which is way more effective. Cut her down in know one and my enjoyment of the show will rise astronomically. The I KNOW YOU is probably the best use of vocals in the show. Intense. People will still make fun of it just because vocals but I think it's coming along quite nicely.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, George Dixon said:

I think it's coming along nicely.  Thanks for posting.

• Like 1