Carolina Crown 2017

Moving on from the dead horse that is the singer, I love how essential Crowns percussion has become to their shows. The pit definitely add a whole new layer that is obviously missing from this video. Flashback to 2014 when I barely noticed the percussion was there (Except for when they were banging on car parts...). Oh yeah and that hornline is fire too.

On 7/5/2017 at 7:43 PM, Cadevilina Crown said:

You can thank the Bluecoats, who introduced the drum corps world to him when they used his "to wALk Or ruN in wEst harlem" in their 2014 show.

I'd rather thank Carolina Crown who let him march in the bass drum section before he moved on to march with Cadets :)  

14 hours ago, UKSuperman said:

I figured thats where it was. Thing is though, you can't exactly tell that from the high school stadiums they've been performing in. Lol. I thought it was just a zig zag of some sort. With the traditional crowns they've done, you could tell that's what it was from any angle. I guess we'll see in about 2 weeks if they add one to the end in traditional form.

Ah, I saw that shape and I liked it, but I didn't realize before that it was a crown! Now I get it. Nice touch.

Vocals in the ballad seem to work now. Vocals in part of the closer still need refinement.

Which is funny to me, because after the premier I said the exact opposite.

25 minutes ago, lanceengland said:

Vocals in the ballad seem to work now. Vocals in part of the closer still need refinement.

Which is funny to me, because after the premier I said the exact opposite.

They could probably stand to lose 60-70% of the vocals in the closer and still get the idea across. Preferably the ones where the brass is carrying the melody or has technical parts (anything featured in the "hit list").

Edited by Hrothgar15
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Hrothgar15 said:

They could probably stand to lose 60-70% of the vocals in the closer and still get the idea across. Preferably the ones where the brass is carrying the melody or has technical parts (anything featured in the "hit list").

I think they can keep the vocals they have but just need to work on the blend really. I think parts are kept at a soloist type volume instead of being backed off to like a mf or mp level to be just another layer of the ensemble.

• Like 1

Is there going to be a "pre-show/dance on" or are they just going to start cold...
I keep think there has to be something to tie all this together - and I know the real ending is yet to come... it just doesn't seem cohesive to me...

13 hours ago, Brass Lover said:

Moving on from the dead horse that is the singer, 

Hey, I don't like the singing either, but I wouldn't call her a dead horse. ;)

• Like 1

Carolina Crown 2017:  the best first five minutes in dci. 

• Like 6