Carolina Crown 2017

4 minutes ago, UKSuperman said:

So, let me get this straight. Just because other corps had some big score jumps last night we shouldn't be congratulating Crown? 

No one said that. I think it was just an observation

Just now, George Dixon said:

Huh? I'm just referring to giving it about 2 more weeks until we get all the corps primed and competing together. Then things become even more clear...

We may not have to wait that long for this to happen.  I'm thinking the current ranking as of last night http://www.drumcorpsplanet.com/stats-captions/ (even though the whole group hasn't been judged by the same judges) may not change drastically.

Is it possible, just possible, that Crown may have the biggest upside when it comes to GE in their show at this point of season?    Think about it - for all the angst about the "2nd half" of their show, Crown continues to amaze in scoring.     One thing this corps does a well as anyone is add layer upon layer to the show thoughout the season.     To win it all this year, Crown won't need to win GE - just come close.    It's clear the brass is going to defend its Ott Trophy very well.   The percussion just might be the best drum line this corps has EVER had - easily a contender in the top 3 in that caption.    Color guard, though may not be  as strong as the last 2 years (epic guards of '15-'16).  However, in spite of the off season overhaul, they are achieving at a rather typical Crown level.  Visually, this corps is beginning to really pop the drill on field.  Sacktig has been a tremendous add to the design staff.   They look great.  They sound great.   This show is coming together, folks!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Ghost said:

Helll no.  They improved nicely.  It's just that other corps UK had "amazing scores" as well.

Then tell them in their respective threads.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

Is it possible, just possible, that Crown may have the biggest upside when it comes to GE in their show at this point of season?    Think about it - for all the angst about the "2nd half" of their show, Crown continues to amaze in scoring.     One thing this corps does a well as anyone is add layer upon layer to the show thoughout the season.     To win it all this year, Crown won't need to win GE - just come close.    It's clear the brass is going to defend its Ott Trophy very well.   The percussion just might be the best drum line this corps has EVER had - easily a contender in the top 3 in that caption.    Color guard, though may not be  as strong as the last 2 years (epic guards of '15-'16).  However, in spite of the off season overhaul, they are achieving at a rather typical Crown level.  Visually, this corps is beginning to really pop the drill on field.  Sacktig has been a tremendous add to the design staff.   They look great.  They sound great.   This show is coming together, folks!

I agree whole heartily , as we all know their closer is a placeholder as it will most likely change before Allentown. Not to mention all of the other changes they have planned.  I think people hate this show in its current state but I would not be surprised if by the end of the season "it is" changed for the better and they win the gold.

• Like 1

Just now, Brass Lover said:

Just wanted GD to not go overboard with only one corps.  Many corps did well last night, even with different judges.  George is usually pretty fair with all corps.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ghost said:

Just wanted GD to not go overboard with only one corps.  Many corps did well last night, even with different judges.  George is usually pretty fair with all corps.

Oh definitely. Its just a observation that would be more appropriate on a contest thread or prediction thread imo. 

This year's battery is great, but it's hard to top 2009. Would love to see it happen, love their writing this year.

1 hour ago, Brass Lover said:

Exactly my point. This is the Crown thread. Why would we congratulate other corps in the Crown thread? Head to the other corps thread or the show threads. 

Congrats Crown on the score! Continue to raise the bar for yourselves and other corps!

Personally, I'd be super annoyed if people came on BD's or PR's threads to repeatedly trash the corps or congratulate other corps. So I'm in agreement with UKSuperman here

• Like 4