Carolina Crown 2017

2 minutes ago, turntpapa said:

I'm not sure about it but a small, filled in crown like the one they did in 2009 would be really cool.

I could see them moving from the end set they have now into a filled in crown during the last hold. Just something. It's gonna be there. Just a question of where. Lol. 

• Like 1

Just now, UKSuperman said:

I could see them moving from the end set they have now into a filled in crown during the last hold. Just something. It's gonna be there. Just a question of where. Lol. 

Is it possible that they could put in a new closer in these next 4 days they don't perform?

Just now, turntpapa said:

Is it possible that they could put in a new closer in these next 4 days they don't perform?

Normally doesn't get added this early. They could add in a few more layers or change a couple of sets though. We shall see. I would love for them to add in the final closer by DCI NKY, but I don't think they will. Lol. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, turntpapa said:

Yep.  Last year was meant to go in by Allentown but was used a show early.    I have a feeling it may come a little earlier this year and then a final tweak by Allentown on the 5th.

• Like 1

Just now, UKSuperman said:

Normally doesn't get added this early. They could add in a few more layers or change a couple of sets though. We shall see. I would love for them to add in the final closer by DCI NKY, but I don't think they will. Lol. 

Yeah that's what I thought. I actually really like their closer as it is right now but I think I would like it more if they did more with it visually, at least with the last set.

• Like 1

Have heard there is going to be more lathering and some music tweaks this week, but nothing new in the works. My guess is they are really digging in with cleaning, and anything additional will be added the week of San Antonio - though in my conversations with a few people, it didn't sound like there were any big changes coming. Could be wrong though.

• Like 3

I honestly think there will be a traditional crown set at the end. The "I know you" scream and the reprise of the opener just give me that vibe. Moving forward while keeping with tradition. I think it would be a perfect ending set. 

• Like 1

Sidenote - I really hope they don't water down the brass any more than they have up to this point. I heard on video they changed some opener stuff and rewrote some N12K1. This has been one of my favorite brass books from them and I hope they keep it like this. Either way I'm loving almost everything about this show so far!