Carolina Crown 2017

1 hour ago, BoaDci said:

You guys are probably gonna be seeing me some more in this thread...for better or worse....I had no idea, but Crown's gonna be *relatively* near me this weekend.  I'm probably gonna make the drive out that day and go check it out.  I ABSOLUTELY CANNOT WAIT to see that hornline in person.  

If you're talking about the nky show, only seats left are lower stadium. There were still some relatively close to the 50 about 12 hours ago when my friend got his seats. 

Weather also looks to be in our favor. Local weather channels are calling for a high of 85 and low of 67. Mostly sunny, 10% chance of rain earlier in the day. 

If weather holds it should be a beautiful night in northern KY. Here's a shot from last year's show of Crown getting ready enter the field. Nice sunset, eh?

I haven't seen them live since June 26th so I am super excited to see all the changes and the "real" ending.

posted from the DrumScorps app

• Like 4

2 hours ago, FLBuzcut said:

If weather holds it should be a beautiful night in northern KY. Here's a shot from last year's show of Crown getting ready enter the field. Nice sunset, eh?

I haven't seen them live since June 26th so I am super excited to see all the changes and the "real" ending.

41v7vdp.jpg

posted from the DrumScorps app

This high school hosts a marching band competition and the sunsets are always beautiful. I haven't seen Crown live since this time last year. I can't wait. 

• Like 1

DCP Carolina Crown 2017 Thread:  "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Time to wake up.   Time to start making your run!!!    

See you Saturday.    

TARGET DATE:  Tuesday, July 18th, TOC in OK - when we finallly get a read against all of your peer competition in the same show!

Edited by drumcorpsfever
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, drumcorpsfever said:

DCP Carolina Crown 2017 Thread:  "zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz"

Time to wake up.   Time to start making your run!!!    

See you Saturday.    

TARGET DATE:  Tuesday, July 18th, TOC in OK - when we finallly get a read against all of your peer competition in the same show!

I blame all the Boston Vs. Cadets crap going on. It'll blow over once the Cadets beat them at Atlanta. Maybe San Antonio. Lol. 

Anyways, I can't wait to see this show Saturday! My seats are in the perfect spot to feel the brass during the last hit. Same seats as last year and they were crap for that show. Perfect for this show. How does that happen? :4_joy:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, UKSuperman said:

I blame all the Boston Vs. Cadets crap going on. It'll blow over once the Cadets beat them at Atlanta. Maybe San Antonio. Lol. 

Anyways, I can't wait to see this show Saturday! My seats are in the perfect spot to feel the brass during the last hit. Same seats as last year and they were crap for that show. Perfect for this show. How does that happen? :4_joy:

I share your enthusiasm for Saturday.   Plus, weather will be excellent.  Thank goodness!  

• Like 2

Just now, drumcorpsfever said:

I share your enthusiasm for Saturday.   Plus, weather will be excellent.  Thank goodness!  

Rain Friday and Sunday, and Saturday will be perfect. Weird how that happens. Lol.  Regardless, I'm getting there super early to watch them rehearse just in case some freak crap happens and the weather turns bad. I'm not missing my chance on seeing Crown. 

• Like 2

Thread has been quiet because Crown has had their heads down cleaning on a long stretch of no competition days. It'll surely heat up this weekend. 

11 minutes ago, defeldus2 said:

Thread has been quiet because Crown has had their heads down cleaning on a long stretch of no competition days. It'll surely heat up this weekend. 

No, it's been pretty quiet compared to years past.

15 minutes ago, UKSuperman said:

No, it's been pretty quiet compared to years past.

Probably for the best. A good bit of the commentary pertaining to Crown hasn't been all that positive this year. Thankfully, the judges don't agree.

• Like 2